Daily Debate - Joe Canning v Seamus Callanan

Callanan scored 2 goals when Tipp were getting well beaten by Galway in Semple Stadium in 2014 to turn around the game, getting man of the match in the process. I remember the game was in the melting pot and Canning went missing. He scored a few good points in the first half, I acknowledge

Callanan was injured, he’s just hardier than Ollie Canning. Ollie Canning had to go off with an impact injury that he could have just ran off

Callanan got 3 goals that day mate

1 Like

oooft

Did ollie whinge to journalists after repeatedly? Callanan did, and why has Callanan been afraid of galway full backs ever since. Doesnt sound too hardy.

Provide examples mate

I’ve gotten to know him a little and have changed my opinion. He’s a great fella.

He single handedly turned that game around.

That and moving James Barry in on the big high tower mullocker Galway had at FF (Glynn I think)

You’re a fool, not up to my level. Try google i can’t be wasting time on you. Stick to the wwe maybe, another area with imaginary spear tackles

After glynn made shite of maher. Pawdee realised you can’t dive when you’re playing full back so was lost completely.

Tipp won in a canter and it was a bloody qualifier ffs. Great players decide semi finals and finals.

Some whinge you weirdo:

*Callanan also concedes he might not have been in the best shape to take the resultant penalty although he was in a rich vein of form having earlier scored three goals.

“I suppose it was dangerous but I suppose if someone else at the other end of the field was after scoring three goals, someone would have to put a stop to it too. Galway won the game and maybe I shouldn’t have taken the penalty. But I was taking them in training, I was always taking them so that was our decision to make on the field. So we live by that.”*

Tipp were 6 points down with 20 minutes left you simpleton

Knockout hurling that evening

Anyway ive to go to work. As theres nothing really essential in tipp the thread is there for ye for the next few hours. Ill be back like sylvie later to split heads.

1 Like

Tipp won by 9 points. Since his debut tog shitting in the 09 final when he went for a YouTube finish against pj Ryan instead of just tapping it into the corner he’s pretty much cost tipp in every tight all Ireland semi final/ final they lost.

I think we will have to adjust the poll and get the neutral view at the end. Galway posters outweigh Tipp posters on this board (no pun intended) and the results are clearly skewed.

You work in Dublin mate :laughing:

The boy only had one leg in 2017 and still confined Tipp to one-in-a-row heroes.

I must have missed the two in row that 2017 Galway team got