Daily Debate - Joe Canning v Seamus Callanan

So you changed your opinion on him as a hurler based on his personality? :laughing:

But he hasn’t played in any All Ireland hurling finals since you made these statements. Where’s the evidence that he has improved his records in All Ireland Senior hurling finals then?

I’ve seen evidence of his character first hand. You would go war with joe. The same can’t be said for callanan.

Look how bad Galway were last year without him.

Callanan for me.

There’s probably an element of Munster bias in this, but Galway have played too many unloved and unwatched games against the likes of Laois and Westmeath over the years for Canning to be truly regarded as one of the all time greats. Yes, the years Galway have been good he has been front and centre, but there are plenty of years where Galway have just disappeared off the fixture list with a whimper. There’s almost a Liam Watson/Liam Rushe/Shane Dooley element of a gifted lad plying his trade at a lower level. Callanan has played the vast majority of his games on the big stage, has evolved not only into a goal machine, but is now evolving into a workhorse to boot. As @Bandage says, he is the YouTube hurler for this generation.

2 Likes

So if you met Callanan and found him a sound bloke you might revise your opinion :smiley:

2 Likes

Didn’t Callanan score a goal in every one of his first four championship games. He’d an unreal record of goal getting early doors in his career I feel.

My concept has been utterly destroyed by two limerick numpties who never swung a hurley in their lives

1 Like

Hey, I once broke a hurley off Brian Geary.
I’ve also scored 4 points in hurling, kicking 2 of them.

5 Likes

Yeah I think he had a habit of knocking one in and then going out of the game completely in his very early years.

Nor I

It wasn’t you I was referring to. It was the two townies who Shanghai’ed my concept

I knew that would send the three soft cocks scrambling.

I regret my post directly above this now.

1 Like

Tipp dropped him after his debut final. There’s a kink in him under pressure. It was criminal to go for the top corner v Kilkenny that year.

I’ve heard it said that Callanan won’t go into a dark room by himself.

I asked you to continue long before I went near it but you ran off sulking like a sook.

Sure I only wanted to take the soccer debates off him, the bog snorkelling, cave dwelling cunt

Callanan v canning was shit. Larson v zlatan was excellent as nobody had scores to settle really. That’s the type of debate what you want in my opinion.

Here’s where boggers (from Tipp in this case) who think an inanimate object has human characteristics should reply…

…He usually brings Liam MacCarthy with him!