Darren Frehill Mistake Watch

To be fair a lot of people would consider that to be Chelsea’s true level as a club, and they may well reach that level next season.

The Millers won’t be in championship next season sadly. Much beloved team of the original chuckle brothers

Spurs equalised in the 39th minute against Liverpool Football Club

The equaliser was in the 93rd minute

1 Like

Not Darren Frehill but rather Ger Canning in this instance. Was driving along and caught the end of the Connacht football final on radio 1. Ger informed me that the final score was Galway 2-20 Sligo 0-20. I assumed Sligo had produced a very gallant effort until I stumbled upon the actual score on Twitter. Sligo had in fact only kicked 0-12.

3 Likes

I switched it on and Sligo “were battling to the very end” I thought they were only 4 or 5 down the way he was going on. Then he tells me a few minutes later they were being bate to fucking death

4 Likes

Des Cahill saluted Keelin Shanley’s noble efforts for Clare earlier

8 Likes

I heard that, pure cringe.

On the early morning ‘bantz’ slot with Shay earlier, after waxing lyrical on the great renaissance skills of Aengus McAnnally, the story how Darren ended up with his sports report in yellow was talked through. An empty printer, poorly lit printing station and a panic choice of high quality yellow paper all lead to a hilarious segway on Morning Rise.

The man is failing upwards and by God we are here to document it!

segue

2 Likes

You’re a segway/segue

Dessie on the radio earlier commenting on Dublin’s thirteenth consecutive Leinster title said that it was getting a little bit one sided.

2 Likes

Just a tad perhaps

Offaly 5-19 Antrim 1-22 in Leinster just now from Cahill.

Katie Harrington 1 win away from Olympic qualification

Dazzler later corrected himself, advising he had been talking to Jessica Harrington this week

5 Likes

Wexford on the look out for a new hurling manager after the departure of Darragh Ryan.

12 Likes

These are my favourite type of Frehilism’s, where you can almost see the mistake forming in his head, the things he says are not unrelated to the topic, but yet still completely incorrect.

Like an old Musket, the gun is there, the bullets are there, the gun powder is loaded correctly, all the requirements are there but you still can’t be entirely sure what will happen when the trigger is pulled

5 Likes

Not Frehill, but just listened to John Kenny doing the late night sports news on RTE and he had an absolute nightmare.

Seriously mispronounced Kevin de Bruyne, really struggled with Rhasidat Adeleke and also declared that Shamrock Rovers had their first ever victory over Cork City.

1 Like

When was this version of cork founded

3 Likes

What’s a vetsion?

1 Like

Meat you buy from a vet after he puts an animal down