Darren Frehill Mistake Watch

Cork v Sligo was the game of the day today according to the Dazzler this evening.

7 Likes

Listening to radio 1 here and while mullane is waiting for his turn to talk he is grunting and gasping like a fella choking…very very annoying

4 Likes

Mullane said the decibel level is off the richter scale.

21 Likes

Turrets surely

Interesting exchange between Darren and Michael Cahill on Rising Time about a half hour ago.

Michael said that Hozier is the fourth Irish artist to reach number 1 in the USA.

‘You want me to name the other three?’
‘Yes - well I told you what they were three minutes ago so it’s a case of can you remember what I told you’
[Darren ignores]
‘U2 is definitely one’
‘Yes’
‘Sinead O’Connor?’
‘Yes’
[Then general confusion and Aaahh, where Michael interjects….]
‘Gilbert O’Sullivan’

19 Likes

Shay is on the daytime shift this week

Yes. A noticeable decrease in musical quality in Louise’s absence.

When reporting on venue for this years Munsters football final, the Dazzler noted the last Leinster football final in Clare was in 1919.

15 Likes

Marty at the Gal v Kk just now - Cathal Mannion, cross field ball, hit the post…

1 Like

I had to turn down the sound of RTE and turn on GBFM. Morty is some wanker

1 Like

Another interesting one with Darren on the Morning Ireland sports news this morning.

He was broadcasting from Punchestown ahead of the festival there this week.

He was interviewing some English trainer.

‘So why do you like coming to Punchestown?’

‘It’s a course that we have great memories of, we won here last year, and actually the two years before that. We really enjoy racing here’.

[Then about 30 seconds of other chat, then Darren asks]

‘So, have you ever won here before?’

‘As I was saying we won here for the last three years’

‘Oh yeah - you’re going for four in a row. That must be pretty cool?’

5 Likes

The man was made for the horse racing stage. He should be exclusively there

Ger canning referring to Meaths Jordan Morris as Jason several times during the game

1 Like

I caught a bit of Darren’s commentary on Armagh Derry with Peter Canavan on Radio One earlier and I thought that Darren did a fine job.

I’m pretty sure Ger referred to as the lad singing national anthem in Meath as been a member of “Celtic tigers” to be fair he quickly corrected himself

4 Likes

Ger Canning announced Meath’s final score today as “seven points” rather than nine points. I would imagine Cork people are only too happy to rub salt into Meath wounds however.

I’ve said this for quite some time. The Dazzler has it as a commentator. But I think he’s better suited to television commentary.

He did

The Dazzler commentating on the mcdonagh final says a great score for Eamonn Dunphy.

Should be Aaron :grin::grin:

4 Likes

Letting Dazzler commentating live is a risky move

4 Likes

Limerick are Leinster hurling champions according to Darren 7.30 sports news.

7 Likes