Darren Frehill Mistake Watch

Wouldnt surprise me. They are some fucking team

6 Likes

He corrected himself mid sentence in fairness.

TFK are forcing him to up his game.

Darren did well this morning again with his jovial conversation with Jarlath Burns yet getting in two key questions around the split season and the 100 man Limerick coaching staff.

This morning he announced that Rashidat had won a silver metal :grin:

In fairness to him, it was a particularly good episode of Heartbeat that was being repeated at the same time she was running.

Almost certain that Darren announced the score was 0-11 to 1-8 in the Monaghan v Meath game earlier despite saying that Monaghan were leading. It was 0-14 to 1-6 at the time. Then he swiftly moves on to the reporter at the Kerry v Louth game. Saying that things are much tighter there (Kerry leading by 10 points at the time). He’s a gas man. You’d have to enjoy him though.

1 Like

I came onto this thread just to post this.

A lovely little mistake from Darren.

1 Like

Someone on Sunday sport was calculating the points difference for Louth and Monaghan and reckoned Louth would be straight through to the QF if scores stayed like they were, when really all that mattered was whether they would be 2nd or third in the group.

1 Like

"Thanks for joining us for the draw Fergal.

Now without Fergal, I mean further, ado"

Classic

14 Likes

He kind of mangled Fergal and further iirc.

“without fruggle ado”

3 Likes

He never disappoints.

Des was going through the camogie results a while ago. Trouncings all round. ‘Now we go to Kenny Park where things are a lot closer between Galway and Clare.’ Galway lead by 2-18 to 0-6.

3 Likes

Des opening Saturday Sport today.

“Welcome to SS, and we’ll go straight over to Thurles and Martin Kiely where its half time”

Que radio silence for 4 seconds.

Des comes back on with loads of hums and aaahs and didn’t give the score. Eventually went to a horse racing pundit.

Back to Des, i think our line to Martin in Thurles is back. Half time score is Cork 13 Dublin 10. Except a female co commentar from wexford (whose name i can’t recall) says no Des the halt time score is actually 15-10. She goes on to give a match report.

Back to Des then. “Sounds great. Half time score there is 13 points to 10” :see_no_evil:

The man shouldn’t be on live radio.

7 Likes

Heard that little balls up at the top of the show, instead of just giving us the score when the line to Thurles failed Des cut straight to some horse racing report and left the listener hanging as to who was ahead in the hurling🙄