Darren Frehill Mistake Watch

A few people owe Darren a fulsome apology here.

He was incorrect to say they played them three times.

A mistake.

1 Like

He said in competitive matches. The apology hinges on whether you consider the Walsh Cup game to be a competitive match.

There has to be fair play here. If Darren makes a mistake, fair enough, pull him up on it. This is turning into a persecution of Darren though with the concoction of imaginary mistakes.

Please listen back to Sunday Sport and quote verbatim the relevant words he said.

This is the only way to ascertain the acccuracy or non-accuracy of his words.

Darren should be applauded for irritating the poisoned dwarf.

1 Like

Darren seemed to have him seriously rattled alright.

Darren is lazy.

I heard it live and he said competitive

That clarifies it then. No mistake by Darren. He’s owed an apology by a few contributors here.

Davy must have been fucking seething with that subtle dig.

We wan wan of dem matches, so we did. Was his response.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Every game a Davy team plays is competitive (other than that AI Final with Waterford)

4 Likes

And some people in Dealey Plaza, Dallas on November 22nd, 1963 claimed to have heard shots coming from the grassy knoll.

Verbatim transcript, please.

Dazza got the score line wrong in the Corofin game (2-15 to 1-16) and Everton -v-Chelsea game (1-0), when providing his sports update on Morning Ireland this fine morning.

1 Like

An odd one this morning.
Darren was talking about the Mick McCarthy press conference and said that some brave journalist had bravely asked Mick about Macedonia. Darren proceed to remind the rest of the studio about how we had lost to Macedonia many years ago and who could forget the bright orange strip. Audrey (I think it was) marvelled at Darren’s incredible memory.

They then got Tony O’Donoghue on the line who basically said Darren was wrong and that question at the press conference related to the 1-1 draw with Macedonia which cost them automatic qualification for Euro 2000.

They then played a clip of the press conference where Mick McCarthy referenced the “I’ve had a Macedonia” bib, which I’m pretty sure came from the earlier 3-2 loss which Darren had referenced.

1 Like

Darren is right yet again and he delivered a note perfect bullet in at 7.37am when I was listening to him.

The “I had a Macedonia” yellow training top/bib for worst trainer was born out of the 3-2 loss when McAteer kung fu kicked yer man.

The 1-1 draw a few years later cost us a place at Euro 2000. The Macedonians actually took offence at that training top and saw it as some dig at their country/character and took great pleasure in denying Ireland with their late goal.

And rightly so.

I heard this too. I feel Darren was kinda right and kinda wrong.

He was right in relation to the 3-2 game and the training top. He was wrong regards it in terms of the context of the question in yesterday’s press conference. I believe Tony was trying to confirm that Mick was reacting to a question relating to the 1999 game yesterday and not the 1997 game that Darren was trying to be humorous and clever about.

I didn’t hear the press conference myself so I don’t have a scooby doo really.