Darren Frehill Mistake Watch

I think we should give Darren the benefit of the doubt here.

Final weekend of the group stages for the football leagues
Big day for any sports broadcaster
Expect plenty of quips about calculators/you’d need a degree in mathematics

1 Like

Overall, Darren is coming out of this thread quite well.

3 Likes

Darren has made a show of a few lads here today anyway

sunday sport this week is going to be box office
im debating on not attending meath and fermanagh and instead just taking the family on a drive so i can enjoy the proceedings

6 Likes

I really like Darren.

1 Like

He mentioned “the night” and “on the night” several times when referring to the 3-2 defeat in 1997.

That game was played in the daytime.

1 Like

Ah ffs Elvis .

I find him almost impossible to listen to, and Jacqui Hurley is even worse. However I wouldn’t give Darren too much of a hard time for not remembering what time a soccer match was on 20 years ago. He has far more obvious faults than that.

True.

Lads have really shot their bolt on this thread recently

This is the type of careless, stumbling, but harmless snippet you get plenty of from Darren.

Promises 2 stories but only tells us 1. Pausing and struggling to remember which team won and gets it wrong but manages to correct himself while sort of leaving it open that who won might be sort of a technicality and no doubt has a producer screaming in his ear and distracting him while he’s trying to hold it together so they just bail out to an ad break and forget about the rest of his setup.

/original/3X/9/a/9a2a7686cd483b8197b1d046fc7ab4a91a552234.mp3

13 Likes

That’s gas.

The bould Darren got himself into a tizzy today when confirming the final line up for next week… “and meeting WATERFORD will be Limerick, who last won the league in ehm… 1996… ah… 1997… yeah the likes of ehm… Gary Kirby… on that Limerick team.

He was asking Tyrrell was he wearing socks too at one stage, it was cringe cringe cringe.

On an unrelated note that Anne Marie Hayes lady is hopeless. After slating Galway she went on to say something along the lines of “they’ve got to get themselves right for the championship and ready for that hugely difficult first game against Carlow.”

She nearly said that Carlow would be hard bet in Salthill.

On this morning on Radio One. Said that Limerick were the first team in 30 years (incredibly) to follow up an All Ireland win with a National League title the following season. Not since Kilkenny did it has it been done.

Ffs!

3 Likes

I think Kilkenny did it 3 or 4 times in the last 20 years.
2012 AI + 2013 League latest

That feels like 30 years ago.

Darren had James Coughlan on as a guest. James has had a few bangs on the head. Felt sorry for him.

1 Like

Those were different days.

1 Like