David Loughnane RIP

It is. We’re all on the one road. Joe got there before the rest of us. Keep the door open Joe.

80 likes I didn’t realise there was that many of us here. A fitting tribute to take the highest likes ever off hammish mcjockstrap

10 Likes

He post humously United the board. A remarkable achievement

I got a notification to tell me I’d ran out of likes for a 24 hour period earlier today. I didn’t know such a thing existed. Fair fucks Joe.

2 Likes

Good work @Rocko truly fitting for the occasion. It’s also fair to say that we’ve as a forum been top class as well with the correct mix of sympathy, anecdotes and ideas to honour what was a remarkable, colourful and much loved human being. RIP David.

5 Likes

He deserved every one of them. Like a good few more I never knew the extent of the hardship he went through to get this far in life. He lasted a fair length given the cards he was dealt. Wherever he is this morning I hope ti’s pain and worry free. God bless Joe.

10 Likes

RIP joe , a sad loss, condolences to those who knew him

1 Like

A man I never met but still I’ll miss. Sleep sound mate.

1 Like

RIP David. The bed of heaven to you

2 Likes

99 likes :clap::clap:

101 now

Didn’t even need to get the Bishops involved :clap:

3 Likes

If people start signing in on their other accounts we could have 400 plus !

And that’s just @anon61878697

2 Likes

RIP

actually been thinking quite a bit about a tribute for david and everything I can come up with revolves around this place as it was clearly a good outlet for him and he reveled in the interaction.

so ive come up with a couple of ideas

1. seeing as the starting post on this thread has garnered the most likes ever on tfk, maybe @Rocko could create a joe player badge, exclusively for those who have a post with over 100 likes (itll most likely be posthumous)
  2. have a post or poster of the year competition in which everyone plays a straight bat with the voting i.e. no multiple logins and the winner gets the joe player trophy (i’d happily contribute towards a trophy, preferably inscribed with the wonderful quoute about rather be handicapped than from limerick, to bring a bit of david to the trophy)

@anon61878697 seeing as you were closest to him, what do you think?

10 Likes

Solid ideas… We will pin down something in the new year for sure. Handicap of the year would be more like it :smile:

7 Likes

That’s the type of award that would define TFK. It would never make sense to anyone new who joins or anyone who just looks in. It’d be perfect.

4 Likes

We will have Joe Player Memorial Election Hubs.

3 Likes

This would be a nice t shirt if somebody could print it

23 Likes

I think we have a winner.

2 Likes