David Loughnane RIP

I have only tuned in here now today to read this very sad news, I am absolutely distraught. God bless you Joe you’ll be missed on this forum. You’re walking tall and proud today amongst your loved ones who’ve passed before you. Such a good hearted man and I never knew you. Too sad.

7 Likes

Lads, I have to say, the forum has done itself proud. @Rocko you have handled this exceptionally well, with due respect to our friend Joe Player.
I can’t stop thinking about it. Fair play to you boys.

8 Likes

I like the new colour banner even though the green and white is gone!. Perhaps @Rocko it should be made permanent in memory of @Joe_Player?

RIP David/Joe. You were dealt a very challenging hand in life. I hope all your troubles are but a distant memory now. Rest easy.

1 Like

@artfoley, I see it’s the most read story on the leader. Well done guys.

5 Likes

ah lovely

well done all :clap:

1 Like

I’ve an idea I’m going to pm to mouse and neanderthal and Harry.

6 Likes

26 Likes

I’m just back in Limerick at a mates, I’ve left the family to it. … I’m thrown down on a couch here with my jacket over me and half steamed trying to make sense of it all.

His family are shook, especially his mother, the poor woman…anyway, I’m not gonna bore on but I’ve promised to write a proper tribute for her in the coming weeks and I might attach/ print off a few bits from here for her. They family truly didn’t realize how many lives he touched and this place was an extension of that.

Sound for all the lovely words and tributes over the last few days… For all the animosity and putrid on this place at times, each and every cunt on here really shows their true colours at times like this… A great bunch of lads.

Big shout out to @carryharry who drove up from Cashel last night and left me a nice momento…

Met a load of people today who I hadn’t seen in nearly two years, each and everyone with a different story of Dave. We really have a great tradition / culture when it comes to death.

I hope the bollox has found the peace he was seeking and I hope his family got some comfort from some of the stories we shared with them today.

I’ve a rake of beer in the fridge here and I’m getting fine and drunk, so I am.

Sleep well player.

72 Likes

Thank you mate. I wasn’t one that gave him much practical support in his studies though, that was something @anon61878697 did. It wasn’t a one way street either: I got as much, if not more, out of his friendship as he did.

Today was a tough one, but he got a fine send off. Currently pulled in at Junction 14, thinking it over. A fine crowd with mass celebrated by Clare hurling man Harry Bohan and MIC’s Mick Wall. Fitting. despite Joe’s flirtations with Renua, Timmy Dooley turned up.

On the walk to the graveyard, we all looked up to an ESB pole, where a big Limerick flag was flying. Will Limerick win this weekend bud, I thought to myself.

Chocco alluded to TFK to his brother who was vaguely aware of the ‘GAA site’ he frequented and they were very surprised to hear that some Tipp cunt travelled a fair distance to the removal.

I won’t say anymore about the day as it’s not the time or place. All I’ll say is there is only one @joe_player

49 Likes

Aye same here, hope he has found peace, RIP @Joe_Player.

2 Likes

Fair fucks lads, plenty showed their worth in the decency seen on here the last few days. It rattled me really, i didn’t know the man but like others id wished i had reached out to him or something. This has stunned me in a way but shook me out of bad pattern of thinking too. I’ve little to be whinging about. And david gave life a proper lash, until it just got too much for him i guess. May he rest in peace.

21 Likes

I’ve a fair lump in the throat here reading Choco and Cauli’s posts. I was just so fond of him.

We’ll never forget Joe Player :cry:

7 Likes

There is probably something profound and deep and appropriate for now and for yesterday and the last few days. I’d like to articulate it in an attempt to process his passing but I haven’t the stomach for it. Some of the posts here are outstanding.

Never met the man, wouldn’t have known him from Adam, but his presence is felt - an unexpected and unexplained sadness looms large and he’s often on my mind.

I tried explaining it to the current life partner there earlier… “So there’s this website…” and I was acutely aware of explaining and losing. But you couldn’t begin to explain Joe_Player to anyone. That line about Limerick handicaps, where would you start with that?!

Will you win tomorrow bud? You’ve already won, Joe. You’ve already won. RIP.

32 Likes

Powerful

1 Like

Davy fitz on Late Late. I’d say Joe would have loved to drill him with a few questions live on TV

1 Like

Journey ended, safe home Joe.

8 Likes

Aye, I’ve been happy in boosom of my little family watching the toy show and thinking of Joe across the Shannon’s

Is that a port from under your sink?