Dental advice

It should have been a give away when they stuck a DeWalt drill in his gob.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

2 Likes

Question for ye all. It’s the start of the year so I’m trying to get the money in. Spent a bit on dental last year, looking to get the tax back on it. I’ve uploaded the receipts, ready to go, now what do I do? Do I send in an enquiry? It doesn’t seem too user friendly on the Revenue site. Should I go to Taxback.com? Thanks.

Can you really get tax back on dental treatment???

Not an expert but you have to file a tax return for the year to get the rebate, no?

1 Like

@artfoley should be the go to guy for this subject.

5 Likes

20 per cent on some stuff. Need the Med 2 form signed by the dentist

@Locke

Get your med 2 and claim as any health expense as per here

https://www.revenue.ie/en/personal-tax-credits-reliefs-and-exemptions/health-and-age/health-expenses/how-do-you-claim-health-expenses.aspx

1 Like

20% back. If you staycated from October of 2020 you can claim back 20% too.

On a max of 600 quid spend so 150 quid back

1 Like

So if you managed to get away in the three weeks the hotels were open to all guests?

Sure did :slight_smile: Start of Dec. Got the hop too :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t think routine dental(fillings, extractions, cleaning) expenses are allowable. As per @TheUlteriorMotive Med2 form will need to be filled out by your dentist for non routine.

Was looking at the wfh expenses and was under the impression it was €3 a day but when I plug in the figures for heating, broadband etc it just spits out a fraction of the €3. You must need an F rated BER to be able to get the full whack.

do it on the revenue site, is it ros online, i wouldn’t even bother with the receipts tbh

That’s what the missus said to me when we walked down to Starbucks for our flat whites. Put in a total, they want to keep the “receipts” for up to 7 years for auditing purposes and get the cash in. If they ask to see the receipts at that stage then take it from there but are they really going to chase you up on it?? I tell ya, I loved her a little bit more if that was possible listening to her scheming against the man :heart_eyes:

A guy I know told.them he sent them in by post and that it was up to them.to find them

Never heard from them again

3 Likes

Leeches on the state

Leeches on the gums in Laois for gingivitis

1 Like

I wouldnt try it myself but off you go

Hope your bottom wasn’t too sore after

You can’t claim routine dental back off tax best bet is claim off insurance if covered. Emergency dental and root canals you can claim 20% of the med 2 form