Diet & Nutrition

Thanks for the advice CM/COMC.Hopefully I’ll start to see an improvement.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 749867, member: 129”]My oul lad, never a lardy fella, has lost about 2 stone purely by cutting out his daily two slices of white bread. It truly is the enemy of the svelte gentleman.

So far today I’ve had two scrambled eggs, a bowl of soup (Laragh Stuarts’ Tomato bean and Basil - cost a bomb in Fresh on Wexford street and wasn’t too nice - avoid) and a bag of popcorn. Probably do chicken with aubergines and garlic, onion, basil and tomatoes for the dinner.

I feel slimmer already.[/quote]
There is a Polish lady who has been doing the little carvery stand in there for the last few Saturdays Thraw-she is a delectable creature and I am quite taken by her(in a pervy not going to happen as I am happily in love but no harm in daydreaming kind of way).

I have been doing a close enough attempt at the paleo died in the past 18 months due to a wheat intolerance that plays absolute fcuk with my gut lining.

• Lost a stone in the first 3 months
  • Cholesterol dropped from 6.3 to 4.1 in 18 months
  • Way more energy than I ever imagined with less sickness and almost eliminated sinusitis.

In addition I have added daily fish oils, vitamin D and an abundance of coconut oil to my diet.

Once and for all: Are eggs good for you? Say scrambled eggs made with milk.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 749879, member: 686”]I have been doing a close enough attempt at the paleo died in the past 18 months due to a wheat intolerance that plays absolute fcuk with my gut lining.

• Lost a stone in the first 3 months
  • Cholesterol dropped from 6.3 to 4.1 in 18 months
  • Way more energy than I ever imagined with less sickness and almost eliminated sinusitis.

In addition I have added daily fish oils, vitamin D and an abundance of coconut oil to my diet.[/quote]

They are unbelievable results KP. Was it tough starting out or making the transition?
What would you typically have for breakfast,dinner,lunch etc?

Jodie Marsh eats 16 egg whites a day. Get em down you, pal.

I don’t go in there often but spied a lovely blonde at the coffee stand(?) to the left as you go in the door. Would that be her? She looked rather bewitching, I must say.
Total rip-off that shop, though the carvery thing seems decent (for fatsos).

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 749885, member: 129”]I don’t go in there often but spied a lovely blonde at the coffee stand(?) to the left as you go in the door. Would that be her? She looked rather bewitching, I must say.
Total rip-off that shop, though the carvery thing seems decent (for fatsos).[/quote]
She’s a small blonde girl about 24 or so I’d say-could be her alright. She is so attractive I broke my bread fast and got a carvery roll about 3 weeks ago. €5 for a couple of bits of turkey in a roll-pretty tasty though.

[quote=“Whiplash, post: 749882, member: 638”]They are unbelievable results KP. Was it tough starting out or making the transition?
What would you typically have for breakfast,dinner,lunch etc?[/quote]

are you fat hoore? or are you just in need or more training?

if youre in your late 20s youll have to do your own stuff as well as what the club do if youre goign to keep up with younger lads.

[quote=“Whiplash, post: 749882, member: 638”]They are unbelievable results KP. Was it tough starting out or making the transition?
What would you typically have for breakfast,dinner,lunch etc?[/quote]

Breakfast : porridge with water mixed with flax, spoon of coconut oil, spoon of cinnamon and topped with honey. OR 3 scrambled eggs.

Lunch: I substituted bread with oat cakes and would have some form of a salad with it. cut out coleslaw, mayo and replace with pesto or salsa.

Dinner: I still eat spuds, brown pasta, brown rice. Heaps of veg and any unprocessed meat. Throw in fish a few times a week also.

I eat about 3 big bars of 85% dark chocolate every week, along with a jar of organic peanut butter.

Basically, cut out refined grains, sugar and dairy.

:eek: A jar of peanut butter a week KP? What do you eat that with? My meals would be similar to yours apart from that and the dark chocolate.

85% cocoa is where its at…

Throw a good dollop of it in between 2 oatcakes for a morning snack. To be honest if your trying to cut down weight you could skip this option for the first few weeks!

An acquired taste but I’m more or less addicted to the stuff now.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 749889, member: 348”]are you fat hoore? or are you just in need or more training?

if youre in your late 20s youll have to do your own stuff as well as what the club do if youre goign to keep up with younger lads.[/quote]

I think I’m not doing enough on my own.To be honest I train 3 times a week with the club and have been since early January.After each session though I’m like a cripple.Especially the following morning.Its a chore to get out of bed or put on my socks so this prevents me doing more on my own.Hamstring tightness is the worst of it.Water intake should help muscle recovery though.I stretch plenty and use foam roller everyday so dont know if there is anything else I can do.Having said all that the training is pretty gruelling and lasts nearly 2 hours.We could do an entire session and have to do 7/8 400m runs flat out at the end.

I’m about 14.5 stone and just over 6 feet tall so I wouldn’t say I’m an obese motherfucker.

I also have a job that requires me to be sitting at a desk 8 hours a day and I drive quite a lot as well so these are no doubt massive contributary factors.

[quote=“Whiplash, post: 749896, member: 638”]I think I’m not doing enough on my own.To be honest I train 3 times a week with the club and have been since early January.After each session though I’m like a cripple.Especially the following morning.Its a chore to get out of bed or put on my socks so this prevents me doing more on my own.Hamstring tightness is the worst of it.Water intake should help muscle recovery though.I stretch plenty and use foam roller everyday so dont know if there is anything else I can do.Having said all that the training is pretty gruelling and lasts nearly 2 hours.We could do an entire session and have to do 7/8 400m runs flat out at the end.

I’m about 14.5 stone and just over 6 feet tall so I wouldn’t say I’m an obese motherfucker.[/quote]

that’s crazy training…talk to caoimhaoin

proper stretching afterwards is key too… yeah im in the same boat, but changed my diet a good bit and do far more training on my own, well i have to die to relocating…

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 749891, member: 686”]Breakfast : porridge with water mixed with flax, spoon of coconut oil, spoon of cinnamon and topped with honey. OR 3 scrambled eggs.

Lunch: I substituted bread with oat cakes and would have some form of a salad with it. cut out coleslaw, mayo and replace with pesto or salsa.

Dinner: I still eat spuds, brown pasta, brown rice. Heaps of veg and any unprocessed meat. Throw in fish a few times a week also.

I eat about 3 big bars of 85% dark chocolate every week, along with a jar of organic peanut butter.

Basically, cut out refined grains, sugar and dairy.[/quote]

Fuxake man, if you are still eating grains (oats, pasta, rice), spuds and peanuts you are no where near being on a paleo diet. Peanuts are not a nut, they are a legume. You can’t eat the cunts raw.

Paleo is meat, veg (no tuber shit), fruit and nuts.
Subsitute ground almond meal for the porridge, and to fuck with the spuds, poisonous cunting members of the nightshade family.

And yes, 85-90% cocoa is where it’s at.

[quote=“Whiplash, post: 749896, member: 638”]I think I’m not doing enough on my own.To be honest I train 3 times a week with the club and have been since early January.After each session though I’m like a cripple.Especially the following morning.Its a chore to get out of bed or put on my socks so this prevents me doing more on my own.Hamstring tightness is the worst of it.Water intake should help muscle recovery though.I stretch plenty and use foam roller everyday so dont know if there is anything else I can do.Having said all that the training is pretty gruelling and lasts nearly 2 hours.We could do an entire session and have to do 7/8 400m runs flat out at the end.

I’m about 14.5 stone and just over 6 feet tall so I wouldn’t say I’m an obese motherfucker.[/quote]

That sounds like stupid training.

You could be doing it already but my osteopath has told me to start drinking electrolyte drinks after training to help hydrate the muscles quickly. I use the foam roller every morning and night and also stretch the hamstrings twice a day-put the leg up just above knee height with your standing foot pointed forward, not to the side. Lean forward slightly from the hip for 10 seconds then switch legs and repeat three times for each leg-I’ve gone from having absolutely chronic hamstrings to pretty much no pain or tightness whatsoever.