Diet & Nutrition

some lads on here with pot bellies would panic if there wasn’t a 1980’s style plate overloaded with meat, veg, gravey and 7 or 8 spuds

2 Likes

With chickpea burgers the key is is mash about half the chickpeas well, but barely break up the other half. You get a nice contrast in sconsistency and a bit of bite then.

Lentils are the way to go, way more protein than chickpeas. A good lentil dal is incredibly easy and lovely.

2 Likes

i am seeing an opportunity on here for sharing of grub, if some cunt cant finish his diner or has put on too much for himself he would put up a photo of it and some other cunt would offer to buy it off of him.
its something i havent time for myself but maybe somebody might get it off of the ground and make a go of it.

4 Likes

Maybe an exchange forum where people could swap bits of each others left overs. Create a community where you could make a meal itself from lots of different left overs. The winner being the person who gets the most likes on Instagram

What the fuck is that?

Articles from 2011. Rattled. :grinning:

1 Like

Home cured bacon , cabbage and six spuds is a real feed .

its absolutely fascinating watching lads on here who spend their entire weekend in the pub, taking pictures of their pints and running to the bookies like corner boys, pontificating on diet and nutrition, you’d swear they were at home peeling spuds and carrotts every evening for a few hours

2 Likes

12 Likes

This is getting at Fagans very being as a person.
“Have I been wasting all my free time breaking my back growing food for nothing?”
“Could I be using my time wiser?”

Time is just a human construct Kev to put order on the world. It doesn’t actually exist so thinking you don’t have enough of it is or that someone could waste it is rather foolish.

2 Likes

You go on believing that.

I think you are.mixing up time with “busy”

And you are human.

We’ll maybe the hips are not, but you mostly are.

I certainly subscribe to your philosophical outlook on time - It doesnt exist in the way humans think it does… certainly we are moving forward - but time is perception and our perception of it is vastly different to every other being on the planet.

@Fagan_ODowd 1 - 0 Time Apologists.

1 Like

Time is on my side.

Anyway, there won’t be too many people at deaths door saying to themselves I wish I’d spent more time at work and less time making imaginative home cooked meals for myself

As a child yes - as an adult no - our understanding and perception of time during both stages is completely different - it literally moves differently for both.

Kev is working hard now so he will have his fortune made in 15 years tops, and he’ll be sipping on drinks with straws in them with a big titted blonde beside him in Maui, opining about the intricacies of time management.

Sure a civil servant could retire at 55. It’s no big deal.

1 Like

Now you always say
That you want to be free
But you’ll come running back (said you would baby)
You’ll come running back (I said so many times before)
You’ll come running back to me
Oh, time is on my side, yes it is

And live in squalid poverty. Kevs no interest in that.