Diet & Nutrition

Lots of evidence that the diabetes drug metformin prevents cancer due to whatever it does to how body uses glucose. Lots of doctors take it off license as a prophylactic

1 Like

Refreshing isotonic drink. Vitamin-rich. Reduced calories.Erdinger Alkoholfrei is brewed under the strict Bavarian Purity Law, which means it is made from only high quality, natural ingredients. The isotonic thirst quencher with the inimitable refreshing taste provides the body with essential nutrients. Folic acid and vitamin B12 reduce fatigue and support the immune system, B12 also promotes energy-yielding metabolism

1 Like

That’s not erdinger

5 Likes

:joy:

@TheUlteriorMotive @binkybarnes how do ye incorporate the psyllium husk into the diet lads? How much, how often and how?

I fire desert spoon of it into the breakfast smoothie twice or thrice a week. Very unscientific. Almost roasteristic.

Porridge oats, frozen fruit, acacia powder, soya yoghurt, coconut water, coconut oil plus the husk on alternate days. Does me till 3 or 4 pm most days.

1 Like

Yeah that is all I do.

Sprinkle it in porridge or a spoon big glass of water.

It can choke you if you don’t get enough liquid with it

1 Like

I take it in capsule form. I found the powder stuff too hard to get down

I inject it.

2 Likes

Good to know!

Would you do that every day? Trying to get a feel for when to use it and when to lay off it…

I probably do about 4 times a week. Not scientific or anything.

what are the benefits?

It’s an easy way to get lots of soluble fiber into your diet with all the benefits that come with that

That cancer thing has been completely debunked. All food is broken down to glucose for use in all cells. Eat as many carrots and turnips as you like but don’t spread dangerous billshit about curing cancer.

Cleans you out good and proper.

I massage it into my feet. The slow release really boosts its impact

3 Likes

Part of cancer treatment… Nobody is seriously suggesting that’s its an alternative to radiation or chemo.

By the way, I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure not all food is broken down to glucose…

1 Like

Part of quack cancer treatment taking advantage of vulnerable patients

Who exactly is taking advantage ? The local butcher so he can sell them more red meat?

What are the disadvantages of going on a keto diet if youre a cancer sufferer?

Even the likes of John Hopkins have published its benefits.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/high_fat_ketogenic_diet_misunderstood_underused

1 Like

We’ve known since 1909 that a calorie restrictive diet and fasting inhibits the growth of tumors, and all studies since then have confirmed it.

https://www.osher.ucsf.edu/patient-care/self-care-resources/cancer-and-nutrition/frequently-asked-questions/cancer-and-fasting-calorie-restriction/

4 Likes

You have both put up studies showing evidence in mice. Both conlude that more evidence and research is needed.

@labane’s link even states that calorie restrictive diet is extremely dangerous for end stage cancer patient’s (the vulnerable ones who’d try anything. It can just as easily accelerate the onset of cachexia (anorexia like syndrome specific to cancer patients) as shrink tumours.

@kinvara’s passion, I’ve linked a page from the Mayo Clinic suggesting all cells need glucose and that depriving cancer cells of sugar doesn’t slow their growth.