Diet & Nutrition

my clarity of thought after that alcohol free german beer is off the charts

3 Likes

What’s your issue with studies using mice? All mammals have almost identical organs and metabolism, and as the attached article states human and mice show remarkable similarity in disease pathogenesis.

You picked out the one issue with the article from UCSF, that it is dangerous for end stage patients. End stage patients by definition have no hope (currently) and are unlikely to be eating much anyway. The take away message is that a restricted calorie diet is beneficial, extends lifespan and reduces incidence and progression of disease, including cancer. Of course more evidence and research is needed, that will always be the case.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1369270/

2 Likes

What’s your take on why metformin seems to stop cancers developing ?

I’ve no idea. I hadn’t heard that use until you mentioned it. A quick google would suggest the experts don’t seem to know exactly why it works. I’ve never heard of anybody using it for prophylaxis. I have heard it used as an unlicensed means of losing weight.

It’s used regularly enough for gynaecological issues, including fertility problems, and even in those cases the mode of action is subject to some speculation.

I just get pissed off with the suggestion that starving cancer of sugar cures it. It’s too much of a simplification and hasn’t been proven to work in any way in humans. (@anon7035031 somehow took it that I have an issue with studies on mice) I’ve seen the horrible effects that this has had on cancer patients and the subsequent worsening of their conditions. In fairness to @KinvarasPassion he only said that they were studies and I might have been a bit zealous with my response to his original post.

@KinvarasPassion there is a massive moneymaking industry (beyond your local butcher) promoting unproven alternative approaches to treating cancer including ketogenic dieting,

2 Likes

+1 agreed.

There does need to a more holistic approach to cancer treatment/prevention though. Gut microbes, blood glucose levels, sleep quality etc… All play their own unique part.

1 Like

Agree wholeheartedly. Only started reading up on the gut microbiome properly recently. Mental stuff. That thread should be bumped weekly.

just ordered a bag of it

I had a toasted cheese and chorizo sandwich there with half a block of cheese grated into it. Liberal sprinkling of salt on it.

anyone on CocoaVia lads?

You won’t know yourself pal. It’ll be coming out of you like a sour plum.

3 Likes

sounds unreal, what is the best way to ingest it?

Massage it into the soles of your feet

1 Like

The husks are rocket fuel. Use sparingly though.

Just off for some keifer now, kombucha later. Here gutty gutty

1 Like

Moisten your thumb and dip it palm deep into the product, ensuring good even coverage over the surface of your thumb.
Undo your pants and remove your underwear, you know the rest from here

1 Like

I lash a haped desert spoon of it into a nutri ninja with porridge oats, coconut oil and coconut water, frozen fruit and what not a few times a week. The boys say you got to down a good glass of water after or it could choke you.

You can mix it up in water as well.

You know the way the slurry spreader blasts out a rake of gassy spray at the end of a load… you know the tank is empty then… empty good and proper… that’s your bowels with the psyllium. You clear out a load of black muck in the early days. Like a baby.

5 Likes

I am driven mad here with excitement over my consignment of psyllium husk, I keep looking out the window to se if UPS have arrived yet, I can wait for a savage shite

1 Like

Throw out the toilet roll holder. You’ll not need it.

1 Like

Has the clarity of thought improved @Tassotti

He has nothing left to type now that all the shite has come out the other end

3 Likes

I took 6 grammes of psyllium husk today in my smoothie.

2 Likes