Diet & Nutrition

Gas cunts, convincing yourselves that you can counteract a shitty diet or properly detox by filling up on laxitives :grinning:

1 Like

No better man than yourself to educate everyone else about shite, thats for sure.

Who is using laxatives?

Soluble fiber.

You may as well call vegetables laxatives.

It’s a laxative mate, all well and good to have a laugh but you’d worry about some of the young lads taking this stuff seriously.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. Seriously reduced.

Jesus I don’t know about a desert spoon of coconut oil lad. Swap your quantities of coconut oil and peanut butter and it sounds a lot better.

A study by the EDFGY shows that it remains when just blended. How can blending it be any different to chewing, swallowing and going through digestive acid and digestive tract before extracting fibre …

The body has to work less. It’s digested faster.

Simply not as good

Snowflakes and their shortcuts

1 Like

@tassotti often mentioned the molecular structure of the food being damaged in the blending process, he had some insight all the same.

1 Like

I’m on about fibre … blended fruits keep all their fibre in tact. It might lose other nutrients but not fibre and he wants fibre to shit.

You can get soluble fibre that dissolves in a glass of water, some people are prescribed it. Give that I can’t imagine a whizz in a blender breaks it down so much it reduces it’s benefit significantly. Coffee is another good source of soluble fibre.

Fibre, for the most part, is indigestible and passes through the GIT relatively unchanged.

1 Like

They do not

It’s alot more complicated than that.

You are not getting it. It’s tge effort to break it down that helps.

Not to mention you lose the “full” feeling from whole v. Juice.

That’s hugely important to health

I really doubt t there is a significant loss and I never feel full anyway.

There is very significant loss. You are dissolving it

Soluble fibre is still good for you. Maybe it takes less effort to break down but that is surely a very minimal impact if you are eating anything else as well.

Ya but nowhere near as good not to mention the fact that breaking down the fibre is good for the body plus any of the less good stuff gets absorbed faster which in that case needs to be used faster. And if not more likely to be stored as fat.

There is simply no comparison in terms of “good for you” between eating and drinking fruit/veg. None.