Diet & Nutrition

Stay away from “sweet” anything too Bandage.

I’ve had a poor few days. Two days with rakes of pints, some pizza and fairly unhealthy dinner last night of pesto crostini things, ribs, and cheesecake. Back on the salads for lunch for the week.

I have moved apartment and am now near enough to get to the gym in the morning before work so plan to change up my breakfast routine. I’m thinking a smoothie for breakfast maybe with a green tea, hit the gym then have a brown pitta with an egg or two or a slice of turkey for after, as well as the standard post gym protein shake.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 787901, member: 181”]I’m fuckin starved now.
I don’t know what to do for lunch.[/quote]

Do up a big pot of soup tonight that will do you for the rest of the week-I made a delicious red pepper soup yesterday that I will be tucking into shortly.

Back on the salads for lunch*

*except for today. I didn’t bring a lunch today so will have to go out and get something. I’ll try keep it healthy but I’m starving, I think because I didn’t have a protein shake this morning.

Soup is for winter.

I’m going to hit one of Limericks many fine eateries for the my lunch.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 787913, member: 181”]Soup is for winter.

I’m going to hit one of Limericks many fine eateries for the my lunch.[/quote]

Chicken hut or Eddie Rockets?

No, I won’t be eating any fried food. Something reasonably healthy and not too filling as I have dinner ready for tonight.

Where are you thinking of going, buddy?

Have you tried the grove ? It’s veggie but they give you a serious amount of salad for 6 euro.

Where’s the grove?

I tried that new Peckish place. They were advertising grilled chicken wraps outside, despite being somewhat sceptical I ventured in there.
It was shit. I won’t be returning.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 787949, member: 181”]Where’s the grove?

I tried that new Peckish place. They were advertising grilled chicken wraps outside, despite being somewhat sceptical I ventured in there.
It was shit. I won’t be returning.[/quote]

Cecil Street, kid. Like I said, it’s veggie but they do take away too. They have a few dishes along with a small or large salad plate. The large is fairly filling.

Cafe noir is the best for salads. They will put everything in until you shout stop.

Anyway, I met a friend for lunch and got grilled rump steak with hummus and salad and with a little sour dough bread toasted on the grill. Relatively healthy all in all I suppose, though there was a good drizzle of olive oil on the bread and I don’t normally eat white bread but there wasn’t much of it there anyway. A lovely double espresso after it.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 787969, member: 1533”]Cafe noir is the best for salads. They will put everything in until you shout stop.

Anyway, I met a friend for lunch and got grilled rump steak with hummus and salad and with a little sour dough bread toasted on the grill. Relatively healthy all in all I suppose, though there was a good drizzle of olive oil on the bread and I don’t normally eat white bread but there wasn’t much of it there anyway. A lovely double espresso after it.[/quote]

That sounds good. Expensive?
This is turning into the ravenous thread…

Muck and torture on the villi of your intestines… limiting the absorption of vital minerals and vitamins in the process.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 787949, member: 181”]Where’s the grove?

It was shit. I won’t be returning.[/quote]

Bet you wish you had some soup now ya cunt.

I’m having quite a successful run at this modified Caveman diet. Completely attuned to eating no breakfast and just grazing all day. I did have pizza Saturday night, a beer every 2nd night or so and the most of a bottle of wine last Sunday. It may not be for everyone, but it’s working for me. Stomach very much back in nick, feel great and appreciate food alot more.

Breakfast is NOT the most important meal of the day. I have officially changed my mind.

Just a casual observation…

I was up in Dunnes Stores Terryland at Galway at lunchtime… I was waiting for someone for 10 minutes so I was watching the crowd coming and going, it was mainly female shoppers.

It appears to me that 2 out of 3 middle aged women that I saw were somewhere between being heavily overweight and obese.

This first world obesity crisis has hit Ireland heavily and state intervention is badly needed to keep this from spreading to further generations.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 787971, member: 181”]That sounds good. Expensive?
This is turning into the ravenous thread…[/quote]
It was very good. 11 I think and 2 for the coffee, it was a bit of a treat. Not that I had earned it or anything.

Really? It’s that much worse than say, sliced pan? I’d say the small amount of it I had can’t have done worse than the rakes of guinness or the 4 slices of shite pizza after on sat night in fairness.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 787999, member: 1533”]It was very good. 11 I think and 2 for the coffee, it was a bit of a treat. Not that I had earned it or anything.

Really? It’s that much worse than say, sliced pan? I’d say the small amount of it I had can’t have done worse than the rakes of guinness or the 4 slices of shite pizza after on sat night in fairness.[/quote]

No worse mate.

Its just that it ruined what could have been a perfectly healthy meal for you.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 788001, member: 686”]No worse mate.

Its just that it ruined what could have been a perfectly healthy meal for you.[/quote]

Did it? Ah bollox. :frowning:

I’ve been ravenous all day, it has to be a side affect to eating so much junk yesterday- I’m tucking into a tin of tuna for a late afternoon snack presently!