Diet & Nutrition

Indeed, I always thought Weetabix was the best thing you could have after porridge, no?

The problem with weetabix is the high GI ranking - http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/glycemicfoodchart.htm

Not good for blood sugar.

There was a yoke about this a few weeks ago when the Trading Standards commission or whoever made them pull an ad because Weetabix were advertising it as low-GI and slow released energy. Apparently it IS, but only with milk. If you eat the biscuits on their own it’s high GI. However, if you are going around eating Weetabix biscuits dry, I think whether something is low or high GI is the least of your concerns. Ridiculous they made them pull the ad.

So…it is low-GI seemingly, therefore a good choice, no?

Milk makes it low GI? I’d have my doubts about that.

No, i don’t know how anyone would eat it. I’m going through a phase of eating Alpen recently and am loving the stuff. Bought another big bag earlier.

But i like eating in bulk, especially pasta.

All in here, pal

A good post workout snack?

http://www.bouncefoods.com/uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/ca05852d0c1853495e9862c5626078f3.jpg

What would you regard as the right amount of pasta, cm?

Really depends on goals/aims, and I wouldnt know much about ounces, but two good handfulls is what I usually use at a guess 2-3 ounces. The best way to not over load is to put it on your plate before you cook it and see it on your plate. Pasta can be a cunt of a thing to judge when just lobbing it into water and you almost always put on too much.

I realized soon after our exchange that this must be something to do with the fat in milk, thrawneen, which slows the body’s absorption of carbohydrates. I would still go with the porridge though.

Does anyone know what the effects of running first thing in the morning on an empty stomach are? I do this quite a bit but apparently it might not be best practice.

I’ve read It’s good for weight loss as you go directly into your reserve fat- why would it be bad?

The brahs tend to be very opposed to it. Apparently it can have a detrimental effect on muscular recovery, because you’ve been fasting for eight hours and the body is more inclined to burn muscle. I think the risk is exaggerated personally but a lot of people seem to believe it.

I’d also doubt it, brah.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 699466”]

However, if you are going around eating Weetabix biscuits dry, I think whether something is low or high GI is the least of your concerns.

So…it is low-GI seemingly, therefore a good choice, no?[/quote]

My nephew stayed with us last week. His breakfast comprised weetabix with butter and sugar. The poor fucker is riddled with acne which is no surprise given his diet.

Bolloks total and utter bollocks

Dont be eating that shit, I eat a mars bar rather than that crap, go home and eat your dinner or something handy. I dont care for white fish but you seasiders would like it, better than that crap

I have 2 tennis matched tonight with probably an hours break between the 2. I am not too worried about the first match in terms of eating but I am about the second. Any ideas of what I can have to eat that will help restore some energy levels for the second match? It is a doubles match so not as bad as the singles match.

A beef stroganoff or something like that.

gay

:rolleyes:

A few mackerel it is so TC…

Bought a slow cooker last week and started using it on Monday. The best yoke that ever came into the house. Unreal to have the dinner ready when you walk in the door in the evening.