Diet & Nutrition

Nice salad in the park for lunch, spinach topped with some cous cous, grated carrot, beetroot, peppers, tomatoes, pine nuts, chicken, and an egg. Lovely stuff in the sun.

Take out the beetroot and that sounds delicious mate-tis awful stuff altogether.

I’m getting to really like the stuff. Lovely sliced thin in a salad. And it’s so colouredy it has to be good for you.

Beetroot is the business.

If It’s not one cunt moaning about celery It’s another about beetroot…just eat it you cunts.

Beetroot is wonderful stuff altogether.

Whats the good word on bread? Brown, wholegrain or none whatsoever

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TFK - thefreekick.com mobile app

[quote=“maroonandwhite, post: 799351, member: 1406”]Whats the good word on bread? Brown, wholegrain or none whatsoever

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TFK - thefreekick.com mobile app[/quote]

Bread is dead, man. Breads dead.

Small doses but avoid if possible.

Where do we stand on burgers? Not McDonalds shite and not served on shitty white buns or with crappy burger sauce, but decent ground beef or butchers burgers cooked on the BBQ. That has to cook most of the fat out, right? Is it then a decent tasty source of protein or is there so much fat in a burger it’s irredeemable? Either way I have three leftover from a BBQ yesterday and will stick em into some brown pittas with avocado, salsa, tomatoes and cheese for my lunch tomo. Can’t wait.

Devour the bastards!!

I find the key is to fry the onions before you make the burgers.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 799508, member: 348”]I find the key is to fry the onions before you make the burgers.[/quote]When making them from scratch? I don’t really add anything to them any more, season the meat well and it should be good to go.

yes when making them form scratch, i would fry hte onions in some soy sauce, then mix inot the ground mince and add to ground mince and make burgers…

I find a good dose of tomatoe sauce into the mix helps to bind the burgers and adds a bit of extra flavor. I also like to to add in grated cheese.

revolutionary stuff

tomato sauce,cheese & ground beef, you should market that. How did you even think to put those 3 together?

Nice.

Yeah I used use things like tomato sauce, dash of tabasco and other stuff. Chillis in the burgers was a favourite for a while. Now I reckon a good dose of seasoning is all that’s needed and anything else can be added after.

I really like Heston Blumenthal’s programmes. If I can explain this properly, he does it by: seasoning the mince then gently rolling it into a thick tube along the grain of lines in which it comes out of the grinder, don’t compress the meat. Leave that in the fridge to set, then slice it across ways into burger sized discs. It doesn’t need anything to bind it, but when cooked pretty much crumbles apart in your mouth. Excellent.

It’s the scientific break through we have all been waiting for…

Researchers at Granada University in Spain have found that beer can help the body rehydrate better after a workout than water or Gatorade.
Professor Manuel Garzon also claimed the carbonation in beer helps to quench the thirst and that its carbohydrate content can help replace lost calories, The Telegraph reports.
[LEFT]
The study involved a group of students who were asked to work out until their body temperature reached 104 degrees. Researchers then gave beer to half of the students and water to the other half.
Mr. Garzon[/URL] announced the results at a press conference in [URL=‘http://p.washingtontimes.com/topics/granada-university/’]Granada, saying the hydration effect in those who drank beer was “slightly better,” The Telegraph reports.
A cardiologist with the Real Madrid football team, Dr. Juan Antonio Corbalan, told the paper he long has recommended barley drinks to professional sportsmen after exhausting activities.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT][/LEFT]

Re good burgers…

Harissa paste, feta cheese and onion- bang them in the oven for 25 mins!

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 799532, member: 80”]revolutionary stuff

tomato sauce,cheese & ground beef, you should market that. How did you even think to put those 3 together?[/quote]

one would never use the term revolutionary when talking about ground beef.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 799535, member: 1796”]It’s the scientific break through we have all been waiting for…

Researchers at Granada University in Spain have found that beer can help the body rehydrate better after a workout than water or Gatorade.
Professor Manuel Garzon also claimed the carbonation in beer helps to quench the thirst and that its carbohydrate content can help replace lost calories, The Telegraph reports.

The study involved a group of students who were asked to work out until their body temperature reached 104 degrees. Researchers then gave beer to half of the students and water to the other half.
Mr. Garzon[/URL] announced the results at a press conference in [URL=‘http://p.washingtontimes.com/topics/granada-university/’]Granada, saying the hydration effect in those who drank beer was “slightly better,” The Telegraph reports.
A cardiologist with the Real Madrid football team, Dr. Juan Antonio Corbalan, told the paper he long has recommended barley drinks to professional sportsmen after exhausting activities.

[/quote]

Link to study?

Only have a link to the journal carrying it.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/10/scientists-suggest-beer-after-workout/

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]