Diet & Nutrition

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 802202, member: 348”]
I think everyone is different, if i have a hard training session, ill eat a lot of protein direclty after and rest.

fisrt thing in the morning i dinrk about a litre of water maybe a small glass of milk to get some small amount of protein and then head to work and have a cup of joe there…sometimes i will a banana of biscuits but more often than not my first food of the day would be a low gi bread sandwich consisiting of turkey ham lettuce and a slice of swiss #athlete[/quote]
Think the protein can’t just be gotten in after the session, has to be continued throughout the day. Agree everyone is different and someone like me aiming to put on a few pounds will be different to chubby lads like Rents trying to starve themselves skinny.

+1 on the instant coffee Horsebox, wouldn’t touch the stuff.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 802206, member: 1796”]A glass of water is enough to kick start your metabolism.[/quote]Not mine pal #animal

yeah all 11 stone of you…

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 802188, member: 348”]toblerone and coffee…

is it a bad thing not being a big breakfast eater?[/quote]
glasagusban, drinking a coffee after a smoothie sounds disgusting
i dunno how ye lads have time to eat breakfast
i had a treble espresso and a muffin herself made on my 50km spin in to work this morning at 7
at about 10 i had an apricot flavoured yogurt, a few slugs of water and a cheese and tomatoe sandwich
ill go for lunch there is a while
energy bursting out of me, cant wait for training later

count of monte cristo
thats interesting about the water in the morning
why do you do it and do you feels it helps?

why?

I would have just assumed so mickee pal as eating chocolate in general wouldn’t be hugely advised bit I could well be wrong-it wouldn’t be the first time.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 802209, member: 348”]yeah all 11 stone of you…[/quote]A ferret is an animal.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 802213, member: 367”]count of monte cristo
thats interesting about the water in the morning
why do you do it and do you feels it helps?[/quote]

Always wake up with a huge thirst on me so would down a pint of water first thing and then drink another pint after brushing my teeth etc… i do fell it helps as it wakens one up and counteracts any diuretic effects of coffee

yes. excellent point.

so is a bear.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 802245, member: 348”]yes. excellent point.

so is a bear.[/quote]Totally agree. I’ll PM you the names of a few other animals for fear of getting off topic.

cheers, thanks sport.

I’m eating like a mother fucker lately! It’s worrying… 45 mins ago I had a feed of bacon and cabbage, and after an apple, banana and a pink snack. I’m not even near full and i’m thinking about food already. Last night I had two fish cakes, a load of stir fried veg, 3 peaches, and a chocolate ice lolly. Within 40 mins I had a corn on the cob and two pks of crisps and wanted more…

Bandage… Time to repay with some advice mate??!

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 806399, member: 1796”]I’m eating like a mother fucker lately! It’s worrying… 45 mins ago I had a feed of bacon and cabbage, and after an apple, banana and a pink snack. I’m not even near full and i’m thinking about food already. Last night I had two fish cakes, a load of stir fried veg, 3 peaches, and a chocolate ice lolly. Within 40 mins I had a corn on the cob and two pks of crisps and wanted more…

Bandage… Time to repay with some advice mate??![/quote]
That’s not that much man, what will you have for dinner this evening? If what you’re eating is reasonably healthy then indulge yourself.

Today I’ve had a large smoothie with juice fruit, linseeds yoghurt and oats, and a protein shake, followed by 3 poached eggs with avocado on brown bread. Washed down with rakes of black coffee. Had an apple and some apricots earlier, and just had pasta veg and chicken in a sacla tomato sauce with some cheese for lunch. Flyin off to Spain this eve so ill have a protein shake and some fruit before leaving and I imagine a steak dinner tonight.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 806399, member: 1796”]I’m eating like a mother fucker lately! It’s worrying… 45 mins ago I had a feed of bacon and cabbage, and after an apple, banana and a pink snack. I’m not even near full and i’m thinking about food already. Last night I had two fish cakes, a load of stir fried veg, 3 peaches, and a chocolate ice lolly. Within 40 mins I had a corn on the cob and two pks of crisps and wanted more…

Bandage… Time to repay with some advice mate??![/quote]

Pal, just gorge for another day or two. Get it out of your system. Recommence more astute eating from Sunday onwards to complement your training and fitness regime.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 806408, member: 1533”]That’s not that much man, what will you have for dinner this evening? If what you’re eating is reasonably healthy then indulge yourself.

Today I’ve had a large smoothie with juice fruit, linseeds yoghurt and oats, and a protein shake, followed by 3 poached eggs with avocado on brown bread. Washed down with rakes of black coffee. Had an apple and some apricots earlier, and just had pasta veg and chicken in a sacla tomato sauce with some cheese for lunch. Flyin off to Spain this eve so ill have a protein shake and some fruit before leaving and I imagine a steak dinner tonight.[/quote]

But they are only one meal a go. I’m hungry here again and it’s only been an hour… a fooking hour!

Tonight I plan to have some sea bass, sweet potato and some greens- and probably fruit. What’s worrying is the chocolate and ice cream really, it’s a daily thing now. I need to get back on the green tea, kills the longing for sweet things.

Wise, wise words.

I need to break the sugar cycle.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 806417, member: 1796”]But they are only one meal a go. I’m hungry here again and it’s only been an hour… a fooking hour!

Tonight I plan to have some sea bass, sweet potato and some greens- and probably fruit. What’s worrying is the chocolate and ice cream really, it’s a daily thing now. I need to get back on the green tea, kills the longing for sweet things.[/quote]

Bandage is right, gorge yourself, devour a pizza and rake of icecream or some such tomorrow night and start afresh the following day. Start carrying more healthy snacks around with you so you don’t reach for the bars of chocolate, there is so much nice fruit in season now, try flat peaches, they’re amazing.

What part of Spain are you going to, matey? Be careful on the trains, I’ve heard they’re dangerous.

Is there a chance the track could bend?