Directions From Dublin Airport

I was told today that when they laid off people / made them redundant during covid that they got them to sign a form saying they could not reapply for those positions again. Because of that these trained and previously vetted can’t take up former roles again.
That’s surely just rubbish?

RTE man lectures the little people

3 Likes

Unsurprising Dublin Airport is short staffed given UEFA outsourced the organisation of crowd control at last night’s Champions League final to them.

The taxi thing needs sorting. The mean cunts in DAA need to go back to small annual fee and then a pay as you use charge. This charging whopper for annual access means cabbies can’t be fucked stumping up and we’re left with hour long queues for people arriving into the country. Not the best first impression being made.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s was fairly cold too at that stage last night, didn’t bother me as I’d be ok with the cold. But you could see people disgruntled and feeling it as they queued and they weren’t locals so not a good look.
Plus they have a barrier down now so even trying to get picked up at arrivals is a nuisance.

Is this the horsey sets fault?

Avoid it tonight anyway lads. I’m on in T1 and I’m expecting a lot of Liverpool fans through. I’ll have to tear gas them

3 Likes

Sounds like a perfect day for an old fashioned gyp fight up there

You’ll only need the gas. They will be supplying their own tears.

1 Like

Do people just head out there for the craic?

1 Like

It’s a sight to behold. Even at 5:30 last night as I was heading in T1 was insane

Or the privileged who use it

So stupid it’s probably true. Some first impression of the country. Ye shouldn’t be standing for this.

coty nomination there

1 Like

If one was flying at circa 6am tomorrow what time would one want to be arriving? No bags to be checked in or any of that bollocks.

Asking for a friend…

Cc @Batigol

Head up now

2 Likes

He’s too late now, be as well to check and see is there any loophole in the travel insurance

2 Likes

T1? Early. Very early. Monday won’t be as bad as today but that’s a very busy period

T2.

Is that even worse?

Was some shitshow back in March when i was there.