Directions From Dublin Airport

@tazdedub is in the queue today for a flight next month.

They’ve told people to show up early but not too early. What more can they do?

1 Like

Self service security is surely only around the corner.

Unexpected item in the baggage area

1 Like

Not school holidays. School holidays will be brutal unless rapid action is taken, but there’s not much sign of it tbh.

1 Like

You could hardly blame them. Doesn’t appear like the airport has any plan or method of prioritising people in the queue with the earlier flights

Japanese soldier in the jungle

wtf is the minister with responsibility for this doing here?

poor show from Hilldergarde

1 Like

I was talking to a fellow forum administrator in the airport recently when we were going on a flight together. He was saying he’d been on another flight a couple of weeks earlier and was at one of the airside eateries after a long battle through security. He was aware of a family at the table one over and their number included an old woman in a wheelchair. It was around 8am and he overheard a comment along the lines of…

“Mammy I know it’s a long wait for our flight at 3pm but at least we’re through security safe and sound.”

The poor auld wan set for a day in the airport terminal.

:anguished::anguished::anguished:

And getting gouged for food etc for the day. Great start to the holidays.

You wouldn’t get that in Shannon, 2 minutes to security from drop off, zero queue, you don’t have to take out laptops or liquids, it really is something else.

1 Like

Stil, you’re at the top of the queue when they line starts to form 2 hours outside the gate.

My missus is flying for work in a few weeks and tried to buy the fast track but it’s sold out, so there’s probably a queue for that too.

Cheek of the cunts charging €6 extra on the promise they’ll do their jobs properly for you, but not the rest of them

1 Like

Was up there around Easter and it wasnt too bad. But there was a fast track queue where there wasnt that many in it whilst us plebs went through the cattle crushes laid out. Anyway, by the time we got through to the security check, the people who had joined the queue for fast track at the same time we joined the pleb one were just coming through the door into security. So it was no use to them at all.

When it’s working normally there’s very little benefit to fast track. But if the company are paying I’d always go for it

The cattle getting the boat to Libya are getting a better service.

3 Likes

Its in hand lads

One last hurrah for the prop-builders on the Claire Byrne show, a full airport security scanner rig out. Will Claire show us how to take off our belts?

3 Likes

You’d wonder why they couldn’t bring in the army to do security at the airport until they get the staffing sorted out. It’s not like the army are doing anything else other than marching around a square in the Curragh. Sure they had army lads doing pcr testing back at the height of Covid.

3 Likes

I was there this morning and two lads scanning boarding passes of thousands before you even got to security.

Its possibly the simplest job of all time - how long does it take to train these fellas in?

1 Like