Directions From Dublin Airport

I travelled through Amsterdam recently. Whatever you do stay airside. It was hell

2 Likes

Thanks @LionelRitchie and @Phil_Leotardo. I’ve got fuckloads of time there but I’ll stay put!

They’re put up temporary walls to make it look like they are doing some building, but it’s actually to hide the mountains of bags.

A few passengers arriving from the likes of China and Nigeria brought food in their checked bags, which then st in the heat in DUB for a week. The smell was something else

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/airport-maps#poi-3bmrz7zIysW2G4KaWaI8Yc

That’s it, inside the terminal. Kind of tucked away as well so away fr.histle and bustle. Was great grub and selection of beers. Easily waste a few hours in it

Theres a takeaway one but the sit down one is a but hidden away. Looks like this.

4 Likes

Happy days!

Have few hours to kill next month there - that will do rightly

2 Likes

Give the ribs a lash. They’ve BBQ and something spicy. I went the spicy and had I time, I’d have gone a second rack. Unreal

1 Like

I love a feed of ribs mate.

Did a 525km round trip today picked up the sister and her husband a good Askeaton man @Julio_Geordio @TreatyStones from the airport back from Oz hadn’t seen them in 4 years dropped them in LK and back home, emotional scenes in the airport there must have been 20 families waiting on the Dubai flight coming in with :balloon: banners welcome baby home etc twould bring a tear to a glass eye. Mothers first anniversary next weekend so twas extra emotional when we got home. Fuck it such is life as they say.

24 Likes

By god. Drop us a DM on that one.

1 Like

Went thru DUB today, tis some operation now I must say, they had 2 (two) fellas employed full time just to instruct motorists and pedestrians how a zebra crossing works.

For absolutely every other reason you can think of it’s not worth it, but for the luxury of skipping an hour of queuing to get thru security, bringing a toddler along is an absolute must.

5 Likes

I pulled into the short term car park in Terminal 2 just before 12 today it was practically only half full parked on level 4 easy as you like was disposed of €7.70 when we left at 1:35

1 Like

Oh tell me more

Don’t mind the queue once you get in the door, tip down towards security on the left hand side and if you have childers young enough you’ll give a nod and a wink to some lady and she’ll open up the barrier. A salt of the earth Dub type will scan you through, engaging you in some light hearted banter whilst expertly fending off the queries of a geriatric Yank in the real queue on the other side of the fence who has just gotten a BIG RED X on the scanner machine.

Before you even realise whats happened you’ll be in another queue, but you’ll have skipped the bones of 30-40 mins of preliminary queuing.

9 Likes

Magic

Our flight is 9am Friday week so imagine it’s going to be chocca

2 Likes

It was fairly wedged in there today now (and our flight was for 12:30), although in fairness they kept things moving. Every flight seemed to be delayed though so it was case of extra bodies piling into the terminal. We just get kept handing Pike Jnr chocolate buns and hoping for the best. It mostly worked out.

2 Likes

Yeah that was my experience too. Hang a left with the kids and ignore the pre boarding pass queues. They should have a little area then airside where you can leave them until you fly home.

16 Likes

That’s a checkbox on the Ryanair website I would definitely click.

11 Likes

That’s fake mate

1 Like