Documentaries worth watching

HBO’s Tiger Woods documentary is really good. 1 episode of 2 shown this week.

Khasshoggi documentary due for release on March 5th.

Oliver Stone’s Untold history of the USA is a great watch. The Americans did untold around the world during 60s. Some snakey operators undermining democracy left right and middle. More I watch more I’m convinced the insurrection at the Capitol was a set up to get rid of trump.

2 Likes

Is the NFL v Al Davies out yet?

The rabbit hole of youtube brought me to this fella, Fred Dibnah, a steeplejack from bolton in the 70s. The man has balls of fucking steel.

7 Likes

What in the Christ were you watching in the first place to come up with that?

No idea, but it must have been good.

Fred was a legend, coming down for a few cheese sandwiches and tea then back up again.

Yea, fairly famous documentary. Pops up every now and again.

He’s unreal,I watched a good few of them.

Climbing up the ladders were bad enough but then to get on top of the scaffold he had to go out over the edge,Jesus my heart was in my mouth for him

1 Like

1 Like

Tyson v Bruno is epic

3 Likes

Fred D?

Looking forward to seeing it

This was on Storyville during the week. Compelling watch

After finding a broken surfboard on his local beach, Jhonny Guerrero, a teenager from one of Peru’s toughest barrios, sets his heart on becoming a professional surfer. With his father in prison for armed robbery and a mother struggling to feed and clothe his younger brother, the sea is his escape.
When Jhonny is spotted by Peru’s most successful surf champion, Sofia Mulanovich, he is taken under her wing and given a chance to succeed. Yet the pressure to do so weighs hard. Without his dad around, the lure of his friends and the risks of life in the barrios threaten to jeopardise everything he has worked for. When he’s injured outside a nightclub in a drive-by shooting, Jhonny is forced to decide once and for all which path to take.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy as the forum’s hot buttered expert I’m sure you would enjoy this

2 Likes

I enjoyed the Buster Douglas v Tyson doc recently so will fire on the Bruno one when I get the house to myself.

Great film. Tyson’s story is well documented but Bruno’s story is equally fascinating. His fundamental decency and kindness shines through the whole film. The way his daughter speaks about him at the end speaks volumes. I hope he finds peace and contentment.

2 Likes

What happened Bruno ? Did he have a breakdown and thought he was frankie Dettori or something ? Is he ok now?