Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

I was drinking Midleton rare at the end of the night last night. Lovely stuff…

You were a disgrace. Whiskey does not agree with you.

It was the champers what done it… And the ale… and the tequila… actually, what kind of creep gets you tequila at an engagement gathering? I’m fine and dandy today tho, probably hit the gym for a light session in a bit.

I was at the bar in the Whitehouse last night and the three biggest apes of roasters you ever saw in your life were supping from Hendricks and fever tree out of those ridiculous giant glasses, I’d love to have taken a photo but it could well have been one of our own sheep chasing a TFK fad.
The midleton rare is a fine Irish whiskey, not many I’d say that about.

Was there a tall Canadian chap with glasses behind the bar?

There was a chap matching that description though it was very busy so I didn’t hear him speak, a very striking mixed race glass collector as well. It’s actually quite a decent boozer still.

A sound skin… got to know him from the Olive stand but bumped into him in Arthur Mayne’s pub last week and we were chatting for a bit- he was telling me he was working there and that it’s going well.

@Brimmer_Bradley is trying to improve himself

That I am, and do you know what ?
You’re the inspiration behind it.

2 Likes

This is an outstanding piece of work.

1 Like

Best Irish for under or around100?
I’ve had the green and yellow spot and would gladly go for either again, want to have a nice bottle in the house for Christmas, have the scotch sorted

I was in a bar in Salthill last week where a yank asked the bartender “Do you have any Irish Scotch?”. The barman said no and explained that Scotch is the Scottish equivalent of Whiskey. I retorted that you’ll find some in the North East of the island.

Chortle.

5 Likes

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

class

That never happened

3 Likes

I would never make something up on the internet but believe what you want to believe.

There’s a cluster around 50-70 that are all excellent, including the two you mentioned, Redbrest 12, Teeling Single Malt, Powers John Lane, etc. If you’re going up to 100 you may as well spring for the Middleton Rare.

1 Like

I’m going to try and procure a bottle of this.

What a heartwarming story, putting little Leitrim on the map…
How much is it?

https://youtu.be/mDRnUlhp6iw

1 Like

Expensive whisky, like most other things overly priced is a waste of money.

2 Likes

its a pure cod, some ejjits will buy anything with a fancy sticker on it

2 Likes