Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

He probably wants it sooner than 15 years hence.

3 Likes

He’ll not know the difference

Redbreast 15 if you’re not concerned about price.

John’s Lane is the best of those P4P.

I wouldn’t dream of paying what they’re asking for Red Spot.

3 Likes

84 euro as I’m flying to US (assuming I can get it in the shop beyond Homeland/customs )

Powers John Lane is 55

Tesco price alert….

6 Likes

Would you ever get any of the other 60ish euro whiskeys on knock down price in Tesco? Likes of redbreast etc

Redbreast is currently circa €65 in Tesco. The offie manager* tells me that on very rare occasions ( twice yearly possibly) there might be €5 off it. In other words practically never.

• The lad who’s permanently stocking shelves/ tipping away (@Locke) in his happy little enclave.
3 Likes

Nice drop

1 Like

The Created down to 25 in Super Valu as well.
Or you could get a grand bottle of Paddy for 23 :grinning:

There was a lad in my local supervalu yesterday evening and he must have put at least 6 bottles of €25 Crested into his bag

1 Like

Supposed to be a quota of 4 per customer :see_no_evil::rofl:

I remember reading in a book on persuasion that when a store put customer limits on sale of an item the average sale per customer increases. Basically it’s a marketing trick.

Here’s the passage:

*In the actual study, the researchers included three variations of that sign, and they measured how many cans people purchased with each sign: *

*“No limit per person” generated an average of 3.3 cans sold. *

*“Limit of 4 per person” generated an average of 3.5 cans sold. *

*“Limit of 12 per person” generated an average of 7.0 cans sold. *

Remarkably, the original 12-limit sign generated sales that were nearly double those of the other signs.

1 Like

Powers Three Swallows only 30 at O’Briens

2 Likes

By the way, I drank four Jameson 18yo last night. Not impressed, at all. Drank four, just to be sure of verdict, because a rather eejity barman, who seemed stoned, sold me the first one for €6 – when a shot of it should be around four times more.

5 Likes

Everywhere you find an ass - ride it.

1 Like

Well… Touché.

The following three were also €6. Two lads at the bar starting drinking it when they copped what happened with me. I had no qualms because at the outset I asked yer man, who was notably ill mannered as well as incompetent, to find out the price of Jameson 18yo. If he had been polite and pleasant, I would have said: ‘You are doing yourself there.’

Was always suspicious of a blend for €200 plus. No richness to the drop. And Jameson 18yo is more expensive than Redbreast 21yo. Not only that barman is eejity.

3 Likes

I personally think you were dead right but don’t put that on Twitter. Some fella got absolutely scalded recently for a similar story of being undercharged.

2 Likes

It happened us one night when a lot younger. One of our group decided he wanted us all to have a brandy and asked the barman how much a shot from a particular VSOP bottle was. €6 he was told. He ordered 4, handed the barman €25 and we downed them. As we slammed the glasses on the counter, the barman turned around sheepishly and said “Sorry lads, they are actually €15 (or similar) each”. We just laughed at him.

3 Likes

I saw that episode. He was an unrepentant, smug fucker who thought he was being funny.
He got filleted as badly as them Garrihy girls do on Tattle. cc @Tassotti :wink:

That was rather good.

4 Likes