Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

I don’t think that’s the reason.

But it might be.

Got a bottle of this at Christmas. Opened it tonight.

Very nice. Caramel/vanilla flavour and scent

Green Spot has found a home again in CostCo, $46 a bottle, not too bad. Kirkland brand French vodka 1.75l for $20, rumored to be Gray Goose. Belvedere 1.75l for Fucking $33.

Green Spot is outrageous for the price.

2 Likes

Tasting gift set of 5cl Jura Speyburn and Ledaig and a glass and a booklet 9.99 in Aldi

2 Likes

Did @Malarkey write the booklet?

Outrageous good or bad?

Good I’d say Green spot is lovely.

3 Likes

I’ll give it a try after the ardbeg.
May be some time.

Not a fan of the Jura… I much prefer the sweeter Irish whiskey over Scotch…
I’ll just try a Jura now here to 100% confirm that I don’t like it so you can get on with your day.

1 Like

Fuck sake Green Spot is €60 minimum here, €70 in a lot of places. It’s delicious.

It’s actually not as bad as I remembered …

Extortion is the only word for liquor prices in Ireland. A 70cl bottle of Bombay Sapphire is 50 if not more in Ireland, I can get a 1.75l bottle for $30 in my local Safeway which at today’s exchange rate is 24 euro.

Bombay sapphire is about 25 a bottle mate

2 Likes

You’re closer than I was. I was just looking at O’Briens for Green Spot pricing. It’s Sapphire Star that’s over 50, Sapphire is 31.50.

Hosted a whiskey tasting last weekend, partly the reason for my sporadic posting since. 6 whiskies were on offer, green and yellow spot, mccallan 12, regular Jameson, ardbeg and Teeling single malt.
Scoring 1-6.
I kid you not, here were the scores (I was pouring so not scoring).
Mccallan 2 ffs
Yellow spot 3 Fucksake
Teeling 3.5 ok
Jameson 4 fffucksake
Ardbeg 5
Green Spot 6

Order of 5 and 6 a surprise but can’t argue really.

1 Like

Geez you are one mad bastard. I could only imagine the high jinks !!
Now now guys. Please mark your sheets in the correct format !!! Use the pencils I’ve provided, no cheating either.
What a hell raiser.

3 Likes

You actually can’t inagine the high jinks

1 Like

You should host one every weekend

4 Likes