Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Just drinking some Jameson here. Jesus it’s an awful soft auld harmless whiskey.

1 Like

The @Horsebox of whiskey

True, and just like horsearse it makes you sleepy after a while.

I had a Balvenie 12 yr old triple cask out of a twenty cl bottle I got in the Airport, to settle my mind down after the exertion of the quiz. It was lovely and I am as right as rain today.

2 Likes

Yes, Balvenie is one of the great ones, to my taste. Never had a less than good glass of it and often had a lovely one. Balvenie is a ‘top dressing’ for blenders: namely, a single malt that will bring, even in small amounts, class and depth to a blend.

If you liked Balvenie, look out for Mortlach. Sort of cousins.

2 Likes

I got a present of a Balvenie last year. Didn’t open it yet. I also have a 21 year old Glendronach Parliament that I got somethere last year. Is that any good @Malarkey ?

1 Like

Had Glendronach quite a few times and always liked it. Kind of an honest to goodness fruity malt, leaning on sherry casks. Reliable, if not madly complex. But who wants complexity all the time?

Have not tasted the Parliament version (and do not know anyone who has). Quick google tells me this Glendronach should be really nice (and perhaps beyond really nice). Quite tempted to get a bottle, in fact.

The beauty of whisky chat…

4 Likes

Having a Jameson here now after a long hard week. Its an Oirish whiskey.

1 Like

With a capital Oi!

I’m having a bourbon myself. Four barrels.

I have come in from a heinously cold night at training. Am contemplating a warming drop of something particularly nice. Tonight is serious whisk(e)y weather.

1 Like

I got a few bottles of jameson in for the christmas. Iv had half a bottle of it watching the rugby. Id give it a ‘grand’ rating

1 Like

It’s Christmas, you cunt…not ‘the’ Christmas.

Wanker.

1 Like

Shes already turned off the sex tap. Ouch.

Dont take it to heart. She still loves you. Just loves the dog more

1 Like

Is it time for another whiskey weekend lads ?
@Brimmer_Bradley
@Malarkey

Iv the form for it myself

Iv a pretend bottle of teachers if that helps

2 Likes

I’d join you in a heartbeat but I’ve a lot of S & C on.
I charge a premium so am expected to be available at all times.
It’ll be April or May before I do a serious binge.
Have a work do in Killarney ( my fav place in Ireland) next May. All things going well I won’t have to speak, speaking means 48 hours work for support etc, I’m farming it out as we speak.

Someone said to me tonight: “There’s bad at the back of that wind.”

Heavy weather coming. Whisky weather. We might not be able to get out the door next week.

1 Like

I’ll wait for you

1 Like

What sort of volumn are you putting away kid?
I can see myself doing a bottle a month handy, just tipping away of a Friday or saturday night.