Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Bushmills is a top top brew

1 Like

A lot of the pretend RA would have issues with Bushmills.
My own opinion is black bush is one of the great values in whiskey, love the stuff. Not a huge fan of the regular Bushmills, although it’s fine, and would rank regular Jameson above it.
Black Bush is superb though! (and the whiskey also)

3 Likes

I’d agree with you regarding jamesons superiority. Haven’t had a serious sup of black bush (the whiskey) in a long time.
You’d be familiar with the bourbons I’d say? I picked up a bottle of bulleit the other day. Bit of an edge to it, decent though

I wouldn’t touch bushmills if given it for nothing. Shove it up your bollox.

1 Like

Terrific precied summation there @anon7035031. I concur entirely.
No wonder you’re the recognised authority on this forum in important matters like grub booze and football. The 3 staples of life in Ireland.

3 Likes

Powers is awful stuff.

1 Like

A bit rough in my limited experience, I’d put Bushmills ahead of it.
How would Irish single malts compare with their scotch cousins?

Bushmills is far better than that bogwater Jameson.

:rollseyes:

Jameson is shite, you wouldn’t wash the car with it.

Its still a step up from bush mills

1 Like

I disagree, regular bushmills is better.

Neither of them would be for drinking straight but I’d say bush is the rougher of the two

Irish whiskey is pathetic in it’s range. There’s fuck all variety compared to Scotch and Bourbon.

What about this green spot everyone’s raving about?

1 Like

A great whiskey, but 60 quid. The sub 50 euro whiskeys in Ireland are all the same/ bad as each other.

Notable exception for Redbreast, the king.

It’s 35 up here. I picked up a bottle of cardh gold reserve for 20 the other day. Hard to justify 35.
Ardbeg is as good as it gets in my humble uninformed opinion

1 Like

Powers is a tad harsh all right. Remarkably it’s holding it’s own sales-wise in isolated outposts in the West. Most rural households hereabouts attribute longevity to copious intakes of the 3P’s in order of daily diet:

Porridge
Potatoes
Powers

Make what you will of it.

1 Like

Ardbeg is lovely, auchentoshan for 50 is better value than any of our stuff. Middleton is the greatest marketing scam in the history of Whiskey.

1 Like

You’re being robbed!
https://groceries.asda.com/product/whisky/auchentoshan-single-malt-scotch-whisky-american-oak/910002276341