Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

There’s several bottles in there.
I might chance a glass before I clean house

Have a few wee drops. What exactly is it?

Various bottles whiskey and brandy amongst others.

Sherry, Port things of that ilk.

I wouldn’t throw them out. Have a tasting and invite a few around, see if they notice.

2 Likes

Would you have to pay a premium for Irish whiskey in the U.S? Would you be bothered given the quality of bourbon??

No, Irish whiskey is cheaper here than in Ireland, it’s taxed much lower. I’m not a huge bourbon fan, prefer rye, but would drink Irish and Scotch before both.

So a quick scan at my local Total Wine, where I buy almost all my alcohol:
1.75L of regular Jameson $36
750ml Black Bush (by far the best value in Irish whiskey imo): $26. You can get a 1.75L for $45.
750ml Green Spot or Redbreast 12 year $46

2 Likes

Another one?

2 Likes

Just done the Bushmills distillery tour. Grand as these things go. Good value to be fair £16 between us and at the end we got a red each and a choice of anything under 12 years. The missus isn’t a whiskey fan so she said she’d drive so I’ve two red, a 12 and distillery special on board :pint:

7 Likes

Bushmills is a noble whiskey. Enjoy your WK end away buddy

You didn’t see Conor mcgregor stacking barrels?

Use option to get it in plain amazon packaging and it might get in via NI Parcel Motel. I have had stuff get through and also get stopped.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks all this stuff tastes the same

2 Likes

Yes pal

Give in to the voices in your head and redden her jaw with a clatter. Go on, do it, blame the whiskey, it can do that to any man.

3 Likes

Your attempts at trying to be edgy are getting old mate
Everything OK?

You can’t make it up. Alcohol anaesthesises taste buds and regular drinking is linked to a reduction in ability to taste. Lads drinking 40% alcohol and telling themselves they can taste nuances when what they are drinking literally kills their ability to taste.

But sure we all have our peccadilloes.

4 Likes

Should have said you were up this wknd Julio. Could have met you for a pint or\and a Jameson :beer::tumbler_glass: