Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

O’Briens
Jameson 25e
Green spot 50e
Yellow spot 70e
Crested 25e
Black barrel 39.95
caskmates 31.95
Redbreast 12 60e

Tesco
jameson 23e,
powers 22e,
Crested 27e,
Black barrel 35e,
caskmates IPA 30e,
caskmates stout 28e
Rewdbreast 12 63e

8 Likes

Just texted a friend in Limerick. He said exactly the same about O’Briens in Parkway.

I don’t suppose youd like to give me the middleton box for an elaborate prank I’m planning in work?

O’briens in Blanchardstown were throwing out samples of that Midleton last night along with Redbreast 12. Being honest, I preferred the Redbreast. Your man was at pains to big up the Midleton given its lofty price tag.

Correct, I wouldn’t like to

7 Likes

I think you are right. With most of the Midleton I have tasted, I would be hard enough pushed to say I preferred it to Black Bush or Crested Ten. For pretty much the same price as Midleton, you can get a bottle of Redbreast 21, one of the great whiskies. If you want to spend nearly €200 on a bottle, there is your best click.

2 Likes

The Jameson sales reps aren’t doing the job you’re doing mate

2 Likes

@Malarkey A man at work was telling me he’s considering buying a cask for 3k as an investment. He reckons he could sell for 30k in 10 years after aging. Is he talking rubbish?

Been offered a bottle of this for £20.
Was told not to ask where it came from.

Go for it, for sure, at that flog.

1 Like

Its a brand i believe in.

Christmas starts at 10pm tomorrow night btw

2 Likes

That query is a really interesting one. Am putting together a few thoughts on it but need to do a measure of crunchy research. Will come back to you properly tomorrow.

But let me stress as strongly as possible that these thoughts will be very much the views of an ‘outsider’… Would be totally spoofing if I implied any sort of professional expertise in this area. Quite the opposite…

1 Like

Just make sure you get a receipt

The Writer’s Tears has been opened

5 Likes

Been preserving this, but you’ll be bought no rounds in eternity.

3 Likes

Ill be opening a bottle of that myself now shortly

Into the writers tears now.
Its def a first cousin of that horrid Oirishman I struggled with, like it’s much prettier sister.
Pleasant on the nose, honey and vanilla.
Nice mouth feel, slightly thinner than expected but smooth. Sweet, light, lots of caramel. Some wood. You could drink buckets of this.
Probably a summer whiskey.

1 Like

What are centra asking for a naggin of caskmates these days?

Made a few bad decisions tonight, I fucked up. Drinks wise. Drank the arse out of 101, phils, old quarter, came home to a free house. "happy days’, saw me auld reliable in the corner black barrell, polished off the night… Always handy to have

1 Like

Some savage updating here of late. Drinks cabinets being topped up with whiskey all over Ireland.

You’d expect the marriage difficulties thread will thrive heavily in January on the back of this. Possibly a few barring orders too I’d imagine.

Have ye even prepared some alternative accommodation arrangements? I’d always have an ould back up mattress fired at the back of the garage adjacent to the boiler. Just a suggestion.

11 Likes