Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

So you LIED to him! That turned out badly.

On my travels and after a good feed (forgot to to take a pic) of turkey & ham and an excellent chateauneuf du pape, noticed a Middleton stashed away behind the bar. E16 but its the dog’s bollocks!

Could only have the one as the boss was driving but returned to our abode and found a Black Barrel behind the bar. Lovely stuff.

Now on my second. Oiche mhaith.

3 Likes

Accompanied to my room. But I had the foresight to secrete a bottle of Teeling Small Batch in my bag. Life is good!

1 Like

Yes!

Its a grand whiskey @mac, and its currently down to €40 in OBriens. Im very happy that you enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Behave yourself now

Jesus Bushmills is worse than paint thinner

Welcome back mate.

As the forums pre-eminent Jameson expert, have you a preference for the Coopers Croze or Blenders Dog?

Black bush are you allowed say black around here these days? is a fine everyday whiskey and has a small bit of depth to it. The white bush is about 20 euro in places and in whiskey you generally get what you pay for.
Do you know what is a very disappointing whiskey, bushmills 10 single malt.

Havent had either.

It’s the regular 20 euro Bushmills I’m on. The cheap cunt who dropped it in will be getting a bottle of Huzzar in return

On my early faltering journey into whiskey I have got bottles of the Jameson Black Barrell and the Bushmills 10 year single malt. I really liked the former and did not like the latter so glad to hear a forum expert vindify I can still be a whiskey man. I also did not really like Green Spot.

If you didnt like green spot then maybe you should throw your hat at it and stick to the gin and tonics.

3 Likes

I liked the black barrel though pal. In fairness I tried the green spot in the middle of a pint of Guinness.

The investment that shakes the barley:

A parishioner left a bottle of Roe & Co in the parochial house last week, now I don’t normally deign to drink blended whiskey. Shall I give this a try or will I donate it as a raffle prize?

Friend of mine works for Diageo and gave me a bottle last year. Grand stuff, if middle of the road, and worth pouring. Roe & Co is seeking to be a reasonably upmarket blend – maybe a pinch above Crested. Does not have the pot still spiciness I like – but is not trying to have it, in fairness. I think its market position is to be to Jameson what Crested is to Powers.

1 Like

A bishop lives in a palace not a parochial house. I have you down as a fraud, unless of course you’re bunking in with the local parish priest.

I was given the bottle by a teetotal curate I was visiting my son.

Had a Powers John Lane there. Very smooth.

1 Like