Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Both the IPA and Stout versions of the Jameson Caskmates only 25 quid in Tesco. Crested and Black Barrell only 30. Couldn’t leave it on the shelf at that price

1 Like

Writer’s Tears Copper Pot. Thumbs up from this novice.

1 Like

The wife was in Scotland there for work a couple of weeks ago. I says bring me back a nice bottle…
Johnny Walkers red label.

1 Like

Cheers for that. Black Barrel is 50 quid normally I think.

You’ve a bit too much ice in that.

What’s with the ice?

Baby steps.

1 Like

Crested is 25. Black Barrel and Crested for 55 quid is some bargain

Fascinating whiskey story. Went to the local whiskey outlet this afternoon and was chatting to a mate on the way there that there was a Red Spot now available in Ireland. Lo and behold got to the Irish section and there was two bottles of the very thing on the shelf for $89 each. Grabbed both and immediately a store manager intervened and said they had a small batch Kentucky bourbon for the same price, if I wanted the last bottle. Sure why not I said, and exchanged it for one bottle of red spot. Literally 5 minutes later, while still shopping, a small portly balding white male approached me and asked to buy the bourbon that was nestled in my basket. I thought about it but then a flash of divine intervention said don’t do it. That and he reminded me of what I imagine @Bandage looks like which sealed the deal.

Got home and checked the bottle of Willetts on line, average going price 500.

4 Likes

Will you drink it or keep it?

126 proof, can’t decide.

You’ve a weird understanding of the word fascinating

7 Likes

That was my first thought also

1 Like

Keep your snoot out of this thread mate, you have nothing to offer.

Going by that story, neither do you

1 Like

That did happen but what a tedious yarn

3 Likes

The Red Spot is absolutely delicious, I would say exceeded my expectations. I can’t think of an Irish whiskey I have been so impressed by on first taste. It’s very different to both Green Spot and Yellow Spot, the nose and taste far more complex as you’d expect from a 15 year old whiskey. I’ve hidden it away in the hopes it might last longer.

3 Likes

Had a Teachers last night in the pub as my one for the road. It was mank

1 Like

That’ll teach you…

2 Likes