Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

I’d say it’d be lovely with a 3-in-1 after a long day on the porter.

Drinking a Power’s Johns Lane here. Lovely stuff.

3 Likes

Tesco sale on again. A bottle of Jameson Caskmates stout for 25 euro is incredible value. You could easily spend double that and still not get a whiskey nearly as nice.

Black Barrell is currently 30e, Johnnie Walker Black label only 32 and chivas regal 31. Serious value there

3 Likes

You could easily get a whiskey twice as nice for close to half as much

In an airport in the Ukraine maybe…

In aldi or somewhere. Some lad selling slops to alcos out the back of a pub came up with the ‘caskmates’ idea. He had a bet with the Jamison rep that punters would be stupid enough to pay for the shite.

2 Likes

I prefer the stout version myself

That was an after thought. Neither protagonists saw a future in that ruse

Grand sup of Caskmates stout edition

4 Likes

Had a glass of Roe & Co whiskey after dinner last night (€6). Very nice I thought, a sweeter more drinkable whiskey than a Jameson (of which I had a couple later in the night).

1 Like

Sure why not?

The Wilde Oscar Old Fashioned. 2oz Bullitt Bourbon, 1 oz Guinness. 1/2 oz simple syrup, dash of chocolate bitters, slice of orange. Only gorgeous.

3 Likes

A drop of the method and madness single grain tonight. Lovely tack but very different to a single malt.

good you didn’t use a decent whiskey in that abortion.

Bulleit bourbon and rye are grand drinks and great value.

1 Like

Lovely bottles also… They fit in a breast pocket without spoiling the lines of one’s greatcoat

2 Likes

Was buying 3 bottles of gay beer earlier when I saw this for 259 British pounds. Purchased and put aside for the mad scramble when my interest only mortgage is due in 10 years.

Anybody try the Dingle Whiskey yet. 70 euro a bottle.