Donegal GAA Thread

Beat Meath in the Super 8’s in 2019 I think. He should have been ousted a year or two ago.

Fuck all and threw away a load of games in Ulster.

Few rumours going around that Bonner wants to see out the final year of his deal.

I can’t see this happening, and if it’s allowed to then there should be riots.

1 Like

David Jennings made reference to all not being well in the senior camp in his column last week, this coming a week after the Kerry win. Is there a Co Board heave across all levels or what’s going on?

Money issues is the rumour.

Only third hand information but there’s supposed to be up to 40 coaches working under Lacey the last three yearcand little to show for it. Now they want more money.

Co board is largely inept though. In 2017 they used funds allocated for hiring a top marketing manager to paying Anthony Molloy to be a GAA ambassador

I take it Paddy Carr was something of a budget option so?

And the muldoons want the same coaching money as Dublin when this is how they manage it.

Only man they could get to take it I think.

All not so rosy in the hills of Donegal……

€€€€

Sounds like there were issues around having all coaches vetted, safe guarding courses etc too.

The safeguarding and vetting is gone to a huge level of admin of late. Its wanted, needed, etc, and shouldnt be discouraged, but its some pain in the hole, especially when you have fellas who would be much more familiar with the arse end of a calving jack than a foireann login.

But if and when the shit hits the fan, you better have it all in order.

1 Like

cc @croppy_boy

Read it this morning. Co board is an absolute shambles up here.

They shafted one of their own

All eyes now to see what Paddy Carr has to say for himself.

Hopefully this stand off is the beginning of massive change up here.

I presume there’s no chance of a re-emergence of the Kavanagh/McGuinness/Lacey ticket from a few months back?

Paddy would appear to have accepted a poisoned chalice, or is that being too kind?

That’s bang on the money.

For that to happen the Co Board would have to completely swallow their pride. I can’t see that happening.

Be good craic to be a fly on the wall of the Chairman’s office today.