Dublin Bay North Constituency Thread

I think he has shown great resilience throughout his life particularly the way he dealt with the bullying he got in school from the Fingal crew that post here, so I think he will have the moxy to pinch one of the last seats here. Hopefully from Haughey. I still have some faith in human nature which is why I’m not tipping him for a seat. The only explanation I’ve ever got from anyone as to why they’ve voted for Sean Haughey, is that poor Sean is harmless.

1 Like

Fair enough fagan. O Callaghan is 8-1 lyons (highest profile pbp) is 33s. you’ll make a fortune!
Much of clon griffin, belmayne etc are stretched middle types. They’re looking for help with childcare rather than justice. No one wants to pay water charges but it’s not very significant when put up against all their other outgoings and negative equity. I think the protest vote in this constituency will be very much split between sf 1/2, Aaa, PBP Social Democrat and even the independents. That makes for a whole lot of division and less tds in my book.

I’m somewhere between the two schools of thought.

I think McGrath’s popularity is overstated but he will get in.

I too have been very surprised by the lack of presence from Broughan. I was up around Raheny and Donaghmede at the weekend and he had a bit more postering done there but not much at all given that’s his traditional base.

O’Riordáin will benefit from Kenny not running at the other end of the constituency so he has his traditional vote and then whatever remains of a Labour vote in the old DNE constituency and I think that will get him home.

I’d love for there to be no FF but this is an area that has returned Callely and Haughey for years with Woods at the other end. There’s a chance Averil will take some FF support with her but you’d imagine Haughey will still get elected.

For what its worth, based on poster campaigns alone, my 3 year old wants to vote for Cian and then Finian.

They had Philip Boucher Hayes and some chap who sounded a bit like Brian Carthy but was a political pundit on the radio from Dublin Bay North there earlier

Key facts.
There are 6,000 people in Darndale
There are 25,000 people in the constituency over 65 (that’s Sean Haughey elected)
Fine Gael are in disarray. Bruton is very annoyed with OMuiri
It will be the last count to be in as there are 22 candidates.
PBH thinks it’s a four seater.
Howth Head is prosperous.
Sinn Fein are certainties.
FF took 20% in the local elections
Labour took 10, FG took 16.

They read it
1 FG
1FF
1 SF
Broughan and McGrath
That’s a very conservative read on it I think. I think there will be at least one surprise here as I said above and maybe more.

1 Like

What was all that about with Terence banging on about money lenders???

Not for the first time I think Terence lost it on 5-7 Live.

He still pissed off over what happened at the convention?

Heard a bit of the Boucher Hayes debate earlier. Labour and the likes of O’Riordan are particularly tiresome droning on about their pinko liberal agenda.

Results of the first count seemingly imminent!

Mate?

Call it now, chaps.

Godot has just arrived at the count centre.

Bruton, Haughey, McGrath, Mitchell, O’Riordain.

Mitchell turned the tables on her running mate as the campaign progressed.

Noel Whelan just took the words out of my mouth there. Surely Broughan will overtake O’Riordain?

You would think yes on the balance of probabilities, but there two low ranking FG candidates still to be eliminated, as well as Deirdre Heney, who could prove beneficial for O’Riordain.

Think Mac Donncha will push Mitchell over the line.

O’Muiri would be a pro lifer from the socially conservative wing of FG. Can’t see him transferring too favourably to Mr Most Liberal O’Riordain.

AAA will pick up a seat and Averil Power will get one.

You have already implied that on here today.

1 Like

What’s the update here lads?

What’s happening here lads?

Looks like they have miles to go yet. Haughey safe. Last two seats up for grabs. PBP, Lab, SF, Finian McGrath, Broughan all in with a shout.