Dublin City Marathon

You’re a waste of fucking space.

Exactly. Each to their own.

Would you cop on pal. Disabled people and even lads riddled with AIDS have managed to do 5 or 6 marathons

Would you believe me if I told you I’ve no interest in ever doing one?

Anyway, more power to the lads who do them.

1 Like

You sound depressed. Running is good for depression.

Neighbour of mine went from 24 to 15 stone and ran 2 marathons in the space of 18 months. He moved to bathingstoke and was kicked in the head by a horse. Lay in a coma for three weeks, regained consciousness for a few hours before passing. He said he only had one regret- running the stupid fucking marathons.

9 Likes

I’ll do this next year allgoing well, I’d like to do a good time (about 3-30) and do a big one abroad before cutting back to the halves and under.
Well done to all yesterday’s finishers

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Especially you mate, you’re my favourite runner

1 Like

I think I lapped you during the final lap of the pitch. That was me in the dms and boiler suit.

The ballot for Berlin is open at the moment. It’s a great marathon and definitely worth a couple of minutes over Dublin.

Was looking at the times of a chap I know from the TdeM and follow on Strava. Lovely pattern of times, all between 5:00 and 5:30 p/km. 35k and must have hit the wall. 4 miles to go, is that heartbreak hill?

Once you hit 20 miles, the pain hits. Some call it hitting the wall. Personally just think lads have gone off a tad too quick and/or undertrained for distance.

2 Likes

Sound

Would you train for 30 miles?

No, its a case of not having the mileage done. You would never do a long run over 2hr 50mins as counterproductive.

2 Likes

Well done to all runners yesterday
I had an enjoyable few hours out supporting about a mile from the finish

Two hours is the longest training run I ever did, and I’ve done a few marathons. You just have to dog it out, but it’s far from pleasant.

But if you time will be around 4 hours, would you not do a 3+ hours run as part of your prep?

Only a stupid bastard would waste all that time training for and then completing a marathon. It’s the carry on of attention seeking weirdos tbh.

1 Like