Dublin Pubs - Hall of Fame

It’s generally lads in their 40s and 50s +, wouldn’t be too many young lads in at those times. You’re in your 20s aren’t you

Yep but they’d be slightly older. You must know the badly lad who goes by a few different names? He’d be in kearneys and in the dame?

There’s another very sound lad called Galway Dave you’d meet in those pubs. Very nice man.

Indeed - the apple fell far from the tree :joy:

I met the father at the pro am in adare last year he seemed grand.

You wouldn’t meet nicer than the son or a more helpful lad.

1 Like

18 million

In one of these pubs currently, which is the third of these I’ve ticked off the list.

2 Likes

The baggott in is coming back

They changing back from the tequila bar?

Yep

They better not fuck it up.

It’s the storyteller lads doing it

The Storyteller boys bought it?

Didn’t think they’d have that kind of financial muscle.

Na I presume it’s a lease with some sort of backer

Sorry the baggot in

Always liked the baggot inn

Byrne’s Galloping Green. Always good to randomly drop into a strange place and have a mate who lives round the corner and drops by for a few easy ones in twelve minutes flat.

5 Likes

When it reopened around the mid noughties it had the pull your own pint at the table thing which was a novelty.

It was always a lively spot in a nice area but like everything it depends on the time of your life you were at. It wouldn’t be for me now.

1 Like

I watched the France v Morocco World Cup Semi Final there last December.

I thought it was a noble pub at the time but it is an official Kilmacud Crokes* Tavern so I’m not sure I could go in there, in good conscience again after what has happened since.

1 Like

The lads going run it now will run a good ship but I doubt it would be a place many for United would enjoy bar the younger posters.

They are putting up pop up bars all over dame street for the American football