Dublin Pubs - Hall of Fame

Chaplins is a great juicer for the reasons you and The Runt have outlined. Plenty of pictures of Nicky English, Niall Quinn and The Bomber Liston on the walls. Big Tipperary alehouse. Often had a few juices in Chaplins and nipped into McGowans on my way home.

Plenty of friendly ladies in McGowans

Totti you talking north side or south side?

City centre, bro.

le circ on dame street used to do a jazz night downstairs…don´t know if its still open…haven´t been there in a few years…

a lot of Polish used to drink there aswell…

They had a nightclub upstairs for the Poles. Ended up in there one Paddy’s Day.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here before but I have become a big fan of Frank Ryan’s down in Smithfield (across from Dice Bar).

Good booze and always decent music playing. Very chilled out atmosphere there.

Have often meant to go in there for a few pints, looks the job. What kind of crowd would be in there friday or saturday nights?

The main jazz bar in the city is upstairs in JJ Smyth’s. The aging dullard with the ponytail who acts as doorman is a smart alecy gimp. Venue itself is small and disheveled but not in a particularly decadent way like good jazz clubs.

Le Circ has been called Sweeney Mongrel for a couple of years now. Live music upstairs. DJ ground floor and chilled out tunes downstairs. I’m still thick with the cunt upstairs for swiping away my double vodka last week but such is life.

Apprentice solicitors. It’s like hell on earth.

1 Like

Fuck that so. Pity

They do a Jazz night in the Wellington on Baggot Steeet on a Friday (at least they did) I ended up there by accident recently and found it most enjoyable

Wouldn’t go near it on Friday nights alright. But a grand spot for a Saturday or Sunday. The solicitors have all fucked off to their families in south county Dublin.

May aswell go up to the Cobble altogether Gola, despite their worrying slide towards gentrification with the new sign.

That’s a fuckin idiotic thing to say.

Dice isnt too bad a spot…does get an awful lot of those cunting apprentice soliciotrs or trainees or whatever they call themselves these days…

not sure what they call themselves but they are wankers to everyone else

you meet them at the conventions?

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 226468”]

Dice isnt too bad a spot…does get an awful lot of those cunting apprentice soliciotrs or trainees or whatever they call themselves these days…[/quote]
Agreed, Dice is decent enough sort of spot.

no mate but I recall what trained solicitors were like when they were younger