Dublin Pubs - Hall of Fame

“They want to do what? I’ll put a fucking stop to that.”

3 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2020/0708/1152049-the-baggot-inn-closes/

It was my local once upon a time. Last in it just before Covid. Still a grand spot then.

1 Like

Had a couple of pints in Bowes this evening, a pub I have always liked

2 Likes

Heading up to the In-laws for the week, hit town Wednesday and Friday from Rathfarnham. Palace, Kehoes and Peter’s Pub will all be visited. Maybe Long Hall too. What’s Chaplin’s like these days? Will have Saturday afternoon pints D14, usually The Yellow House the venue, but open to suggestions for decent sports pub around Grange Rd / Rathfarnham village

1 Like

I like chaplains but I wouldn’t be rushing to bring in laws there either.

1 Like

Chaplins I’v only ever been in really with a group of lads or after a match and a noble spot for those occasions.
Used to live around the Rathfarnham area but moved a good few years ago, other than the Yellow House the other main pubs in area would probably be the Orchard, Blue Haven, the Eden near Marley Park or maybe Bradys/ Vaughans in Terenure or the Morgue in Templeogue. Now I couldnt vouch for the above establishments as haven’t been in any lately.

1 Like

The Yellow House is a lovely spot. The Orchard is a sports/grub place but not a pub as such but dors well on the other two fronts. It’s massive.

The Blue Haven is a smashing bar. No grub and few tvs though. I never had much time for The Morgue in Templeogue. The Two Sisters is a better spot if not a bit away. Terenure is a good shout also if looking for grub.

1 Like

Peadear kearneys would be a fine spot as they’ll have live music. Get a table out by the front.

Always liked the Blue Haven I have to say alright. There’s also Buglers in the area, used to do a mean toastie at lunch time but I havent frequented there in years. When I moved to the area first the Tuning Fork was still open but is now a funeral home!

2 Likes

Loved the Tuning Fork, great pint. Vincent a mane contrary bollox

1 Like

The Terenure Inn bar part was a great spot for pints about ten years ago - not sure what its like now.

Chaplins is a grand spot for a quiet pint mid week and they’d have old hurling matches on the telly usually involving Tipperary

Want to be careful coming down from the upstairs jacks. I landed on my arse the Sunday night of the hurling final

Chaplins would be my go to pub in Dublin City Centre.

Nice atmosphere, nice pints and usually quieter than other pubs. A local vibe to it. Your face is recognised.

Martin, the main barman in there, is a sound man. He refused to get Sky/BT for a while and hence played recordings of hurling matches.

So if you went in there around Christmas time for a big EPL match or the darts World Championship, you’d need to be prepared to be watching Tipperary and Wexford the All Ireland semi from 2019.

I think Sky/BT is back now. Owners may have put their foot down.

5 Likes

Tipperary Hurling really is the only show in town in Dublin City Pubs.

1 Like

Yellow House it is

6 Likes

The Revels in the village is in Tipp hands now incidentally - Rody Bolands people

2 Likes

@Bandage your beloved 51 on Haddington Road would hardly be showing the Club Hurling/Club Football action on TV on Sunday afternoon ahead of the big International Association Football match Sunday night. I assume whatever Rugby Football is taking place will take precedence?

Just assessing my options here.

Briody’s and jump on the Dart at Tara St.

2 Likes