Dublin Pubs - Hall of Fame

They’ve enough tellies to stick the GGA on one of them but you wouldn’t get commentary…

1 Like

Chaplains

1 Like

Imagine it next summer when you won’t even be able to get an IC game put on, let alone a club game

I’m afraid its Brian Tyers commentary or bust.

I’d pay ten euro for a pint if it meant I’m not in a cunt hole

The best way of guaranteeing you’ll be in a cunthole is to go to somewhere that charges 10 euro (incorporating €8.70) for a pint.

It’s very easy to stay out of trouble on Talbot Street.

1 Like

I’d mean I’d offer to pay ten Euro.

The Celt is a grand bar.

Molloy’s and Graingers also.

1 Like

@Spidey story with Rake The Ashes going playing in The Barge on Sunday nights?

I can only assume they had a falling out with Mad Dog. Wouldn’t be the first. Now that Jamesie isn’t involved in Cassidy’s any previous family ties may have been severed

I’m shook after hearing the news. The acoustics in Cassidys are very special

Is The Barge after being expanded or something? Turning it into a ‘venue’ rather than a pub.

I haven’t been in the Barge since my earlier financial services days ayting a carvery at lunch and drinks promotions at night

3 Likes

I always thought The Barge was a smelly shithole

1 Like

Sedentary water can be like that.

The outside of the pub seems to have undergone a makeover when I last passed it a few weeks ago. Odd to change such an “iconic” name.

Outside of Sunday nights it’s going very bad

I’ve always assumed that the pubs around there know the dodgy locals so don’t serve them and the dodgy locals know this so do bother going in.

Does anybody remember The Brewery Bar behind the Guinness Storehouse? Jesus that was one rough haunt. Closed about 5 years now

Here it is on Streetview complete with local salt of the earth type asleep at the door;

Only seeing this now but Merry Ploughboy best one around these parts.

The Eden is big huge pub but soulless.

Buglers done up a fair bit. Front bar proper boozer. All local lads doing proper pinting. Back bar and outside full of itself. Young owner a wanker and can see his growing influence squeezing people out of the front bar

1 Like

Been to Buglars and The Eden, must check out the Merry Ploughboy before Xmas. I usually go to the front bar in the Yellow House, 5 minute walk from In Laws and the finest for a match, or the darts at Xmas with Junior, a nice little tradition of ours