Eamon Ryan to save Limerick

Nasty stuff of a Wednesday morning. Very nasty stuff.

1 Like

Pippa most certainly doesnā€™t have the common touch.
She didnā€™t get elected last time and has less chance next. Her husband lost her council seat heavily. They were arrogant enough to run the 18 year old son in Laois and he got a tiny vote.
Oā€™Gorman would drive the awkward squad demented but they are unlikely to be his target audience. At least he is a capable politician.
Is there a green out there with a safe seat?

1 Like

id say the Southside is the best bet based on the locals

Fingal Joe got fucked with the new electoral area

is he looking for a Joe Cox situation in Ireland because he had to pay an extra 5cents on a bag of coal?

Which suburbs? The Greens have seats all over Dublin.

Smyth backing Hackett and not Rodders is pretty telling.

Iā€™d say Oā€™Gorman is despised among the sensible element of the Greens, if such a cohort exists. Oā€™Gorman blatantly lied when he said the recent Referendums would have no impact on immigration even though he received legal advice to the contrary which warned of complete uncertainty should the proposal be passed. Thankfully the electorate saw through his bluster.

6 Likes

That should rule him out straight away for any job in government.

1 Like

Headbanger alert

6 Likes

No, just stating facts.

Even The Irish Times reported on this as being true. The legal advice received differed from what he said publicly.

Continue to name call away, the kicking the Greens got at the ballot box last week said it more succinctly than I ever could.

1 Like

Roderic is in the race now @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy.

I think heā€™d be a quite capable leader.

Yes, he is clued in, the fact that the headbangers hate him is very positive

5 Likes

Ah heā€™ll hold his nose for thatšŸ˜

1 Like

With Roderic as leader they are just a niche outfit like the ROD squad, only middle class people who like to look down on the less fortunate will vote for them.
Hopefully consigned to political history in Ireland soon enough

2 Likes

We might as well get rid of the AG so . Woderick will just lie away as pre referendums.

When heā€™s not deleting files, that is.

2 Likes

I think it would be a mistake of the greens to go with Roderic Oā€™Gorman as their new leader as besides being popular with a cohort of bicycle riding enthusiasts in places like Portmarnock he will not be relatable or well got by the people of rural Ireland. Pippa Hackett would be a safer bet for them besides not being a guaranteed TD. I believe if she gets into cabinet table she can be a TD besides not being elected by the people (Emma Little Pengaly style)

1 Like

A few muldoons who probably never would vote Green anyway reckon the Greens should pick Pippa

10 Likes

Sadly i agree. I think the world of Roderic and think he has had a huge amount of success as a minister, way above anyone other than ryan during this government. I think a lot of ireland hates him and wont warm to him as leader. Some of it is because heā€™s gay, as heā€™s had to call out in the dĆ il/seanad and some of it is because heā€™s a greean and some of it is because he is well spoken and succinct but lacks a bit of charisma. I think hed be a fabulous leader but the greens would struggle for votes under him. I hope im wrong.

4 Likes

Green TDā€™s Costello and Leddin have come out to endorse Hackett.

That ham Malcolm Noonan and Oā€™Cathasaigh have declared for Oā€™Gorman.

Sounds like Fine Gael voters to me.

1 Like