Eircom Problems

2 Likes

I ended my contract with them and 3/4 months later I started getting emails from them about an unpaid balance which related to the box they never made any contact regarding reclaiming. I gave it to them both barrels and we’re currently at an impasse.

As a person who has won consumer rights lawsuits before, I’m very confident I will win again.

jesus Eir have absolutely no customer retention strategy, my contract expires next month but as the computer says i cant get an upgrade until june next year they cant do anything for me. then again, i can go sim free next month and register as a new connection the next day.

ridiculous

1 Like

What did eir do now that it’s front page news

Their customer service went to shit “because of the pandemic”.

They are up before some Dail committee this week

1 Like

The CEO was on Prime Time last night and she blamed everything on the people of Sligo.

1 Like

That’s a fair stance

Ever since Normal People was filmed there they’ve lost the run of themselves

A cousin a mine got a job with eir just so he could cancel his broadband with them.

20 Likes

They are an embarrassment. An internet company without a customer service email address or ticketing service. You have to ring and be on hold for everything. Left them finally two months ago.

i left them a year ago and was told by CCM that they would waive any outstanding bills in exchange for not making a formal complaint to Comreg. im still getting bills now for an outstanding balance

If this one can rise to be a CEO we all have hope. Hopeless on Prime Time and hopeless again today.

3 Likes

She got savaged there.

Marc McSharry should be running eircom

1 Like

ray machsarry new a few things about phone lines, so much so that he had to resign

I had awful issues a few years backnreporting s downed line. There is no number to report these like he esb or bord gas for emergency. I rang customer care and the robot asked for account details, I was at the grandparents house and god love them they wouldn’t have a hope to report this issue. Anyway they were woth virgin so I blagged my mothers details. Yourman on the other end when I eventually got through was clueless as to how to deal with my issue and couldn’t understand that I was reporting a line fault. It was a battle with his supervisor to explain they own the line, her response was we don’t charge line rental with a new deal, I politely explain why they don’t charge fir it. Eventually she found a number for another department. Gave them a buzz and a technician was other in 40 mins. He had a good laugh at the rigmarole and said they are useless basterds in the office

1 Like

They’re shite from day one, most inept shower of goms you’d be hard pressed to find anywhere on the island

customer service is shit because theyve arcane systems and they cant go the extra mile for the customer or come with solutions that would be to both parties benefit.

its a vicious cycle