Election Betting

Thereā€™s a lot of shy tories about. Thereā€™s an awful lot of middle class middle income people around Manchester at least who would naturaly vote Labour, but are really struggling to vote for corbyn.
The polls are odd. Iā€™ve never ever been asked my intentions, nor has anyone I know. Iā€™m not sure where they get the figures. I also think most working people just donā€™t answer the phone anymore if they donā€™t recognise the number.
Bullet points refer to @Juhniallio above.

What price is he to lose his seat in 2020?

Conservatives over 344 seats @ 5/6 is buying money - theyā€™ll wipe the floor with labour.

Maybe.

Denise Mitchell to get elected for sf in Dublin bay north. @ evens is free money in my book. Sf had over 8000 first preference last time and would be around the same this time I imagine but her running mate last time Marty Feldman isnā€™t running. So she just has to be above John Lyons to receive his share of transfers. Iā€™m hitting PP tomorrow to lump on.

1 Like

Are you ruling out Tommy B in that scenario?

I think sheā€™ll outpoll him alright. She cleaned up around Artane last time did she not?

2/1 or over Iā€™m all ears. even money is even money for a reason .

@Rocko @Fagan_ODowd
What do ye make of cian Ć² Callaghans chances? Heā€™s 3/1, will benefit hugely from the absence of both averil power and finian mcnutjob. Heā€™ll be transfer friendly and is a savage councillor but is fairly isolated in the constituency. Mostly just howth baldoyle area. Maybe if the social democrats have a good campaign heā€™ll get a lift but had be scrambling for the last seat against the greens and brought imo. Heā€™ll outperform the price but not get elected most likely.

I think Tommy b is done. We all love the sight and site of his caravan in donaghmede but think hes just too long in the tooth now.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with that. Heā€™ll be concentrated around the peninsula for votes but not sure heā€™ll do well in other parts of the constituency. He has a stupid number of posters up around here but I donā€™t see him actually making much headwind outside his current base

Even money on a lady who is running for a party who are at 19 % in the polls. In a five seater in Dublin. With a load of disadvantaged areas.she should be heavy odds on.

Yeah I canā€™t disagree with this. Second runners for FF and FG are weak anyway and she will definitely find it easier without McGrath. Only concern is that Oā€™Callaghan transfers heavily to Broughan as they have some shared history but Iā€™m happy to join you in recommending a Mitchell vote.

Paddy power on an account Iā€™m using will allow me a max of ā‚¬35 on whichever candidate I want to back for a seat. Thatā€™s if they are evens, 3/1 or 16/1, or any price. Odd that theyā€™d limit the stake as opposed to the return. Are the rest of ye allowed any more on? Iā€™ll have to go to a shop to put anything other than a mickey mouse bet on.

I just checked thereā€¦ Max bet ā‚¬50.

One of you cunts is putting money on. Shes in to 10/11

Walk of Shame here.

They allow me ā‚¬98 on Oā€™Donoghue at 11/4 , ā‚¬118 on Jan Oā€™Sullivan at 6/5, ā‚¬50 on Clare Keating at 11/2

1 Like

Iā€™m also allowed 110 on Jan.

Right then, a no-friend of the forum.

Who will knock out one of the fg pair?

They shared 40.9% in 2011 & 34.8% in 2016. They got two seats with 1.4 quotas. A drop of 1000 votes / 2.5% in a lighter candidate pool would do it. Both were elected short of a quota last time.

Oā€™Rourke took 14.0% last time for SF and has a further with 11% of the vote up for grabs from left side candidates of 2016 not running. Labour will recover a share of that but there will be enough in play to make it.

1 Like

I think Helen McEntee will be fine, but Reginaā€™s seat to be the more risky seat of the two.

Lesson learned. You put the bet on and then you spread the good news.

3 Likes