Election Betting

Who’s running for SF/IRA in Laois / Offaly to replace Carol Nolan? How’s the constituency shaping up @myboyblue @Kid_Curry @corner_back ?

There is a lad be the name of Brian Stanley running for SF. I don’t know whose running for the IRA. Nobody I’d say, as they are an illegal organisation.

Ah yes, he’s a sitting TD in Laois, isn’t he? Did they separate Laois and Offaly and now rejoin them or what?

As my brother who works up there would say: “yea”.

It disgusts me to see forumites fumbling in the greasy till to make a few bob on our hard won democratic process.

That’s the way it’s gone these days. Lads on here have serious gambling and drinking issues.

It’s very sad.

This forum has a disgusting relationship with betting

1 Like

It does sadden me

No direct replacement for Nolan. Even though she is ex SF, she has a lot in common with ex Renua leader John Leahy and one of them will transfer strongly to the other.

1 Like

Laois and Offaly were two separate 3 seaters last time out. They’ve been put back together as a 5 seater.
Each county had one FF, one FG, one SF.
Carol Nolan, who was a surprise winner the last time with Sinn Féin has left that party due to her opposition to their abortion stance. She probably will be the one to lose out.
The only other vulnerable candidate, imo, is FG’s Marcella Corcoran-Kennedy. She’s likely to hold on but there are a lot of candidates in her not very populous base in South Offaly. Carol Nolan, Peter Ormond (FF) and former Renua independent John Leahy are all from that area. Offaly people love FF so I’d probably give Ormond the best chance of displacing her.

I’d say steer clear of the election betting thread so…

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s a cracking result for Casey. Be glad to see MacLochlainn back in.

1 Like

The top 5 all have proper Donegal surnames

Charlie McConalogue is a lovely man.

Might be time to have a bite at Labour lads. Pp started with a high line of 9.5. This has dropped to 6.5 seats. By my reckoning their dead certs are Kelly Sherlock Howlin Nash and O Riordàin. Smith in Fingal is pretty close to certain. That’s 6. So anyone of O Sullivan, Humphreys, Burton, or indeed anyone else would take us over the line. If big money at small odds is your game, I’d hit Labour overs @5/6

2 Likes

Mark Wall (Lab) is a great bet at 11/8 to get a seat in Kildare South

Wall is a strong Labour name in Kildare if I’m not mistaken.

Yeah his father Jack was a TD for yonks and was also chairman of the county board for a while. Huge personal vote for the Walls from the GAA community, they have a well oiled election machine in Athy and the hinterlands.

He came 4th in the 2016 election on a wipe out day for Labour so I think he’s in the box seat to get the 3rd spot this time. Patricia Ryan of SF will benefit from the new boundaries but I’d still back Wall over her.

1 Like