Election Betting

Frankie Daly’s chances in Limerick City anyone? Lad I know encouraging me to back him

Is the lad you know a bookie ??

5 Likes

He’s 4/1 with Ladbrokes but a good bit shorter with PP and Boyles (i’m told)

Where can you find paddy power specific constituency odds?

I’ve no idea, this lad just told me he was 6/4 with them and 10/11 with Boyles

Paddy Power, Politics, constituencies.
They’re all there.

1 Like

PP have Laois Offaly similarly odd against for the last seat.

I think Marcella CK at 7-4 is decent value. She’s vulnerable but I’d say she is more likely than not to regain her seat.

Now 11/8 with Ladbrokes

@Juhniallio you still fancy this? O’Sullivan probably a decent chance of making it 7 and they most likely would get a randomer somewhere else anyway.
would you say the 5 you listed are nailed on? smith should easily make it in fingal despite the Rush main street backlash.

Yes I do. Only 5/6 though so not great odds. And I think Smith will do alright in the north county. You would think poster-gate would affect him but Lusk can be deceiving.

Seems like SF want to increase this welfare state you were on about

And?

Galway west is a 5 seater. Pp have 7 candidates odds on for election.

A bet worth taking might be Ruth coppinger @11/8. She’s dropped in betting because of the green wave but she’s a sitting td and is a superb local politician. She is brilliant at advocating for people. I just don’t see her losing a ton of voters who voted for her before. She is marmite for many and the cause of many misogyny debates on tfk but im backing her.

1 Like

Everybody assumes yer man Chambers of FF will get back in but I wonder is that too presumptuous? He comes acrosd as an awful plank, he’s anti-abortion, he just doesn’t seem to have much to offer in general. Plus Varadkar being Taoiseach should result in an increased personal vote for him and you’d think some of that would come from Chambers. The Greens could eat into his vote too. Burton is definitely gone this time.

Yep I’d agree. Chambers is a vacuous cunt. Useless in the extreme. But he’s a good looking young chap which always helps on a poster. The 3 who got in after Varadkar last year were extremely close in votes. A thousand split all three I think. It’ll be close

Why would being anti abortion matter in being elected a TD in 2020? Is he a plank because he’s anti abortion? Probably 40% of people are anti abortion so about 40% of TDs in the Dail would be of this mindset too. That won’t prevent all of them getting elected will it?

Regarding Labour @Juhniallio I’m with you on over 6.5 seats but Howlin has been performing very badly in the debates (if anyone is watching them) , I think he looks pathetic on the stage beside Leo and Martin and even the women and he has no bit of charisma or authority about him as a leader.

1 Like

Yes, among other reasons, such as him being a thick, monosyllabic drone who has a permanently miserable face on him like Willie Frazer. 74% of people in Dublin West voted Yes by the way.

And yes, I’d imagine wanting to deny women their own bodily autonomy would be a factor for floating voters, especially women, and rightly so. Look at yer man Healy in Dublin Bay North, it could cost him a seat in area where a Green should have no trouble being elected.

Christ, imagine what sort of a weirdo you’d have to be to be a 26 year old anti-abortion Fianna Failer in Dublin West. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fair play to Chambers.

He’s an honest politician who the liberal left despise because he won’t be a sheep and agree with their ending-on-demand of life stance.

Could cost him a few votes but better to be honest than cynically use the issue to curry favour with the twitter mob.

2 Likes

Never realised you were the Sid rebrand until this diatribe so all the best not debating any point with you as life is too short.

1 Like