Electric Picnic

A very meh scorecard… A couple of decent acts alright but underwhelming as a whole.

1 Like

Paying for the privilege of camping in a field in Laois to cling on to their youth.

Hope these hipsters get covered in mud and rain.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see Megan later, gonna be epic

These festivals aren’t about the acts any more. They are just a backdrop to the experience.

1 Like

Youre not wrong there.

When you treble drop yokes it doesn’t really matter who’s playing on the stage

3 Likes

:smiley::smiley:

Have you ever been mate?

The fun police have arrived…

The Galvin Greens and golf shoes are packed. Going to look even more like a wanker but I’ll be a dry-feet wanker.

2 Likes

Yep. Festivals should be a rite of passage for young people though. A sweltering mess of music, drink drugs and debauchery. The craic. EP is a bit more of 40-50year olds refusing to give up their youth. A load of people giving out when the teenagers arrive at 7pm after drinking cans in the field all day cos they cant afford festival booze. Disgusted that their 6 and 7 year olds are overwhelmed by the mentalness and one of them has to bring the little ones back to the campervan early… ‘they should be ok in the Body and Soul til 9 at least…’

7 Likes

Will you have the pullover knotted around the neck.

1 Like

Fixed your post.

I remember seeing these crusty parents trying to push a child through a path of pure muck in a push chair and it pissing down. They also had another child about 5. Everyone was covered in mud. I just thought the poor kids. When it rains it aint fun although that was Glastonbury, which gets proper mucky.

1 Like

Is it? Maybe just the crowd you found yourself with? Would have thought it was a pretty young festival crowd? Young to mid 20s for the vast majority?

Sure what harm are these 40-50 year olds doing you? Does their carry on offend you?

2 Likes

The “a chickpea falafel and a bottle of Peroni pal”s are circling.

2 Likes

Driving all over the country watching lads play club & IC league matches….

Hobbies & pastimes can be strange things

30s mainly I’d say… Juhy over egging it a bit but it’s certainly an older festival… Or was at least, I’ve not been in a few years.

Like you sniffing bicycle seats…