Electric Picnic

Their? I am one of them. Been to EP loads of times, from 20s -40s. Just dont think kids should be at events where adults are getting mashed.

2 Likes

This is possible. Still a large cohort though.

It wasn’t EP whe you were in your 20s anyway… The older crowd and people bring kids balance out the atmosphere and stop it getting too rough, like the way oxegen went. I’ve not been at EP since 2017 but I definitely wouldn’t call it an old crowd. It’s mainly 20s by far. I was at ATN this year and its definitely older than EP was the last time I was at it, but ATN has also gotten much younger than the first two times it was on.

You could probably determine the socio-demographic of it by counting the number of AC Milan 1992 kits on display cc @Aertel220

It does seem to be a little more mainstream this year with the Camden Street Luke Kelly, Chris O’Donnell playing there.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean here

Lots of tickets appearing for sale now. Id say a lot of people have thought fuck that, I aint going to sit in a field getting pissed on for the entire weekend.

That’s always the case though, loads of tickets change hands the week of it because they’ve been bought a year before (3 in this case) and plans have changed. You can’t sell them until this week anyway so they always start showing up this week

There’s reports they’re safe testing drugs this weekend at EP. Would the people putting them into the testing bins not be at risk of A) Being arrested for possession of illegal drugs and B) Be at risk of losing their drugs when they put them in? Like are they going to label the drugs with a name tag or could someone else claim them?:sweat_smile:

Is you did that with the stuff floating around now you’d be dead

1 Like

No. Just read the guidance on how it will work.

Didn’t the gardai say they won’t allow amnesty bins? Will they just arrest the people doing the testing for possession? Wankers

What percentage of people at EP would be coke/yoke heads? You’d probably want to be off your head to waste three days of your life rolling round in muck.

1 Like

A nasty dig at the rugby lads here.

2 Likes

Another negative consequence of the split season is that this weekend would usually sort the wheat the from chaff in terms of who was at Croke Park at the Hurling Final or who was rolling around a field in Stradbally.

2 Likes

What age are you? Should you not be rolling round ep? I only saw today that arctic monkeys are playing. Would love to see them live.

2 Likes

No I’ll be attending some club hurling championship games instead, the ‘Split Season/Play All Ireland Final’s in July Zealots’ will be glad to hear.

The one time I had tickets for the rolling around in the muck in Stradbally didn’t Waterford only go and qualify for the All Ireland final. Had to sell the rolling in the muck tickets.

4 Likes

Do you play a bit yourself? You’d gleam great enjoyment out of a bit of Junior B hurling and football if you don’t currently play.

2FM have jumped on the bandwagon in a big way. They’re broadcasting live from the muck rolling.

I did likewise in 07 :smiley:. Game over after 9 minutes. A good lineup that year too iirc.

Very good line up. Included Bjork and the Beastie Boys.

1 Like