Electric Picnic

One abiding EP memory I have is driving up, the Sunday morning of the All Ireland final in 2015. I was absolutely dying. Even after taking it handy the night before. I was like a lunatic the Friday night. I made it to the brothers place in Dublin, had a monster shite in his jacks and then passed out on his couch. I had go be woken up and only made the second half of the minor match. Turned out to the highlight of the day. A Tom Monaghan masterclass for the minors. The final was one of the occasions where we got a glimpse of what Jason Flynn could have been. He scored one of the best points I ever saw that day. Ahead and hurling well at ht. Alas another fade out came in the second half. Kilkenny got us in a choke hold and won what turned out to be the last one of the Cody era.

Went back down to Laois that night. Because, sure fuck it. Despite the disappointment of another loss. Had a great weekend all things considered.

15 Likes

2 Likes

@Thomas_Brady
Speeding Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

9 Likes

jaws GIF by Challenger

3 Likes

The Pixies were fucking incredible

I don’t get the whole Dermot Kennedy thing

Willow was very good

11 Likes

Superb gig. Ears still ringing. No talking nonsense. Just came out and lashed out the hits

3 Likes

The one time I had tickets for Electric Picnic didn’t Limerick go and qualify for the All Ireland final. A game that was also over after 10 minutes.

3 Likes

Not a fucking word said, beautiful.

Tis a wet one out there lads. And the ground solid as a rock, I’d say the campsites are a fucking river

Anyone with those fellas pretty delighted right now :smiley:

I change the channel when I’m in the car and I hear “Better days are coming” from Dermot Kennedy.

1 Like

1 Like

Tbf to him it’s a great story from where he was on a stage playing for nothing a few years back, to headlining Friday night and those pictures. Just not for me.

And don’t get me started on Megan Thee Stallion, fucking hell, I know all generations have their own tastes but I don’t get that shite at all @Turenne

Why dafuq did you tag me?

Mate I know you’re a fan

Ann Marie is killing it guys

EP still looks okay ….

4 Likes

Because you listen to al this hippie hoppy crap.

2 Likes

Who’s that playing?

Dick van dyke