Electric Picnic

Or by trying to get 400 for a ticket to one gig!

1 Like

you could have saved yourself hundreds and just gone to a beer garden somewhere with a good jukebox.

What age are you again?

The love shack is a little ol place where we can get together…

1 Like

Showing my age alright! 47 in a few weeks!

You’d remember Padjo so like meself

1 Like

I would, while having the cornflakes and toast. That’s a blast from the past.

1 Like

Great television. Shur we had nothing else

I remember as I got a bit older and we got the foreign channels in there was a kids show on BBC on a Saturday. The two presenters used to be making jokes that went over the head of the kids on the show and you’d hear the crew laughing away. Can’t remember who they were.
Padjos junkbox. Slightly bonkers , and who were the others? Forty coats and another fella?

Anything Goes was another classic of the genre. Some great cartoons used be on those saturday mornings.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/2fm/clips/20514904/

Fortycoats sidekicks were Slightly Bonkers and Sofar Sogood.

The BBC presenters were probably Sarah Greene and Philip Schofield on Going Live, Wide Awake Club on ITV had Michaela Strachan and Timmy Mallett
Saturday morning tv was glorious, starting with Happy Days at 7am

1 Like

I remember when this episode aired, i was only 5 or 6… it was shocking. Kids today would be throwing themselves off buildings after it.

Bit of Scratch Saturday too was the job.

Here’s a simple one for ye.

@cowpat

I will never forget the competition they had one week. Eating doughnuts, and the first one to lick their lips was eliminated.
I remeber going to Metallica in the Point in 1996, or was it 92, and Aonghas McNally sat in the seats in a tuxedo.
Maybe I am thinking of Dick and Dom in the Bungalow on BBC, but that was later in 00s, so fairly sure twasnt it.

:rofl:That is fucking outrageous stuff - the BBC is/was a completely unique institution

That was a weekly thing iirc.

Rainbow was on ITV

The clip was pretty knowing anyway :joy:

It was never broadcast. That was made for a staff party