Energy Crisis

Smart meter rate is a joke alright, Iā€™m 24hr.

1 Like

Why, what happened them

Their house burned down

The boiler gave up the ghost last night. I got it going again this morning but had to bite the bullet and call the service man as I didnā€™t like the colour of the smoke coming out of it when I got it back running. In fairness he was there an hour later, serviced it (first in 5 years) and identified a faulty part (some sort of steam trap) which heā€™ll replace tomorrow. Thank fuck it didnā€™t go on Saturday.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s great service to get a lad out so quick

1 Like

Heartening to see that the BainisteĆ³ir of the U-12 commands the appropriate level of respect amongst his parishioners. Youā€™d be waiting till little Christmas before even getting a reply in leafy Fingal wherever that is.

Credit where itā€™s due - he probably wonā€™t charge you either seeing as young Tommy is on the verge of making the team next year.

Everyoneā€™s a winner. :+1:

10 Likes

Empty the dust filters regularly to keep the tumble dryer working like clockwork

1 Like

Fuck the thing out and dry the clothes like Mammy done. Cheaper too and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy be happy

2 Likes

A clothes horse is your only man for the winter

3 Likes

Were the cars okay ?

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

FFS lad,is it any wonder it wouldnā€™t work.Them yokes should be serviced every October.They will last a lifetime if looked after, would you leave your car unserviced for 5 years?

No comment

7 Likes
1 Like

Energy prices to the consumers wont drop. Energy companies will make more record profits next year

Why?

Iā€™d imagine the reasoning there is that the suppliers wonā€™t pass the price reduction back to the consumer. The opportunity for gouging has presented itself and you know how that goes.

There will be some token price drops and some ā€œbonusā€ payments to customers. Also from what I recall there ia no windfall tax on fossil fuel profits.

The minimum unit price auction for electricity producers was a few months back. It as at the height of the cost crisis. The price is set for a few years. Gouging for years

the build a nuclear plant gang on here never mentioned the cost?

You canā€™t put a price on safety